Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Has Anyone Ever Attended a "Goodtime Hour" Taping?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
shelia6673

Re: Has Anyone Ever Attended a "Goodtime Hour" Taping?

Post by shelia6673 »

Got any pics. would love to see them

siblis

Post by siblis »

Wow, thanks for the reply to my post....I also would love to hear what you & Glen chatted about at Dinner as well hearing more about the Taping of the "Goodtime Hour" Show!!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Nashvol, we are "all ears"!
We look forward to learning about your meeting Glen in the Summer of 1969-- and your dinner!
Dee

Nashvol

Post by Nashvol »

Never saw The Goodtime Hour but I did see him tape his spots for The Johnny Cash Show here in Nashville. There is a long story about me meeting him that night and going to dinner etc. that I will try to get around to later. It was Summer 1969.

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

Yeah it was always pre taped. When Glen had another fan club where we would rec newsletters it would give days of the week when they
would have the run through of the show, when they would do blocking of the show and the dress rehearsals then the final taping. I don't
think any given show was more than 2-3 weeks old when it aired. Like the Christmas shows they were like done the 1st week of Dec.

siblis

Post by siblis »

Hi....Thanks for the insight...so the "Goodtime Hour" was not Live than it was pretaped?

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

I was never able to attend a taping but a good Glen Pal who went all over the US following Glen did. Her name was Eleanor Kruseur from
Milwaukee. I'm not sure when it was, or who the guests were but the only thing she told me about it was during the rehearsal Glen
excused himself to go to the bathroom and she tried to make her husband go to. Guess she wanted to know "everything" about Glen but
her husband wouldn't go. She passed on several years ago from complications of diabetes but the stories she could add to this forum
would be unbelieveable. This lady went everywhere. :) :)

siblis

Has Anyone Ever Attended a "Goodtime Hour" Taping?

Post by siblis »

Has anyone here ever attended a taping of the "Goodtime Hour" from 1969-1972? If so, please tell us what it was like & if you had the chance to meet Glen & his guests during the taping???