Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
dee2

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

Post by dee2 »

Bringing this popular topic back up to the top of All Things Glen again.
A new announcement will be forthcoming soon from Denny Tedesco!

Dee

Post by Dee »

The Wrecking Crew_eNewsletter Banner.jpg
The Wrecking Crew_eNewsletter Banner.jpg (55.56 KiB) Viewed 8595 times
From Denny Tedesco, September 22nd, 2016:

Hello Wrecking Crew Friends, family and fans.

It's been some time since we sent out an announcement. As many of you remember, I don't like to send out information unless I have an out-take or two that I'd like to share.

It's been over a year and a half since the film was released. The film did extremely well because of all of you that spread the word. It has become one of the top picks on Netflix (for those who are subscribers) and I'm thrilled with the response to the DVD/Blu-ray. The 6 hours of bonus footage was worth the struggle.

Now I'm trying to cut footage of material that never made it onto the DVD. Here is one that I enjoyed putting together from the Micky Dolenz interview. Micky was a straight shooter. It was so much fun to listen to some of the Monkees tracks during this cut. Another reason that I'm sharing this is to let you know what and where the musicians and artists are playing. If you get a chance to see Micky with the Monkees or as a solo act, don't miss it.

Saturday, 10/8/16 - Aurora, IL, Aurora University
Friday, 11/18/16 - St. Charles, IL, Arcada Theater (A Wrecking Crew venue and sponsor)

(More tour dates here: http://www.monkees.com/article/updated- ... rsary-tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

~Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Beautifully said, Randy.
I wonder if there were any wrecking crew members or session musicians at any time during those hardworking, groundbreaking years who didn't cut it?
Maybe they couldn't keep up with the grueling hours, the late nights, little time for family life, working creatively in a pressure cooker?

Randy

Post by Randy »

Have heard Glen say in many interviews, no he was never nervous because he was so confident in his ability. The wrecking crew days , in my opinion is what formed that ability into the ultimate professionalism he always showed. Not only Glen but all of them. Also ingrained a tremendous work ethic.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

That's right Tim. Glen's history as a session musician is pretty amazing. In fact it's one of the topics that people have been discussing on the former forum and now on Glen Campbell Forums.
Here's the link to that topic.

http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... ?f=10&t=28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note that this topic is more than 30 pages long! And if you go to our forum archives you can even go further back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

And.. welcome! Thanks for joining.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Tim

The Wrecking Crew documentary

Post by Tim »

Wow. What an amazing show (The Wrecking Crew documentary). I had no idea of Glen's past as a session musician. He was and is amazing.

Dee

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film & CD Set

Post by Dee »

The Wrecking Crew_Original Logo_GCF.png
The Wrecking Crew_Original Logo_GCF.png (121.09 KiB) Viewed 8822 times
Nominees Announced For The 66th Annual ACE Eddie Awards Recognizing The Best Editing Of The Year In Film, Television And Documentaries
Winners will be announced at the 66th Annual ACE Eddie Awards presented by American Cinema Editors on January 29th

Congrats to Claire Scanlon for her nomination for Best Editing on "The Wrecking Crew" documentary!

BEST EDITED DOCUMENTARY (FEATURE):

The Wrecking Crew
Claire Scanlon

Other Noms:
Amy
Chris King

Cobain: Montage of Heck
Joe Beshenkovsky & Brett Morgen

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief
Andy Grieve

He Named Me Malala
Greg Finton, ACE, Brian Johnson & Brad Fuller

From: http://www.shootonline.com/spw/nominees ... television" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

The Wrecking Crew_Original Logo_GCF.png (121.09 KiB) Viewed 8939 times
Exciting news from Denny Tedesco:

Dear Wrecking Crew Friends and Family,

Very short notice. We are proud to announce that we have been included on the short
list of possible contenders for the "Best Music Film".
If you are a Grammy Voter or know a Grammy voter, we hope you will consider voting
for the Wrecking Crew.
There would be nothing better than saying The Wrecking Crew musicians have another
Grammy under their belt!
**As this message was being written, we found out that our sound track album is also
on a short list for Historical Recording.*

Dee

Post by Dee »

The Wrecking Crew_Original Logo_GCF.png (121.09 KiB) Viewed 8974 times
An outtake with Glen Campbell from THE WRECKING CREW, uploaded yesterday. Thank you, Denny Tedesco!

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Who are The Wrecking Crew?

Radio Milwaukee's in-depth interview with director/producer Denny Tedesco:

http://www.radiomilwaukee.org/music/mff ... cking-crew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;