Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

Post by Dee »

TWC.png
TWC.png (16.53 KiB) Viewed 6496 times
UPDATE FROM DENNY TEDESCO, March 26, 2015

Dear WC Friends and Family,

I wanted to just keep you informed the latest news. Just returned to LA from my trip to NY which was amazing. Did some great interviews at Sirius with Ron Bennington Chris T, & Cousin Brucie.

Today I had the chance to hang with Stevie Van Zandt to talk about the film for his Underground Garage show.

I'm working feverishly cutting new out-takes for the DVD which will be released in June. I'm finding some great material that I haven't revisited in many years. I look forward to sharing the new material with you.

I promise my kickstarter donors and others the DVD will be worth the wait. I'm trying to make sure we get as much onto the DVD as possible. June 16th is the release of the DVDs and downloads and we will be giving more information as soon as Magnolia tells us the latest.

We are getting closer and closer to closing our DVD Dedications as well as adding names to the DVD Chapters for Kickstarters, Donors, and Sponsors. Please check to see if your name is listed at http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/kickstarter.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. We found many that were not there in the past. Even if you saw it before, please look again - remember, the listing is alphabetical by FIRST name. I want to make sure we do it correctly. If you are looking to make a dedication that goes onto the DVD and film's website, please look at the songs that are still available at: http://www.wreckingcrewfilm.com/dedications.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The reviews and reactions continue to be overwhelmingly positive and we were so grateful for everyone that has spread the word.

I can't thank everyone enough at Magnolia Pictures for the support they have given this film. We're very happy to be with such a great company.

I will be at the following screenings in the next couple of weeks.

Laemmle NOHO - Thursday March 26, 7:10 PM
Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center - Friday March 27, 7:00pm
Berkeley Shattuck Cinemas - Saturday March 28, 7:25pm
Pasadena Playhouse - Wednesday April 1, 7:50 PM
Wichita Orpheum - April 9th

As many of you know, you can order the soundtrack that is being put together as we speak at http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thewreckingcrew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This is the first time this compilation of songs will ever be put together in this manner. All the songs on the CD/LP/ or download will feature songs only recorded by Wrecking Crew members.

A few of the songs that are featured on the 4th CD include songs under the musician's own names have never been heard before. Including Hal Blaine's Hollywood Drum Band doing, "The Beat Goes On". They did 3 songs with an all-star band.

If you are in Los Angeles and you are looking to knock off one of the things on your bucket list, check out a Western Recorders Studio Tour Package at http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thewreckingcrew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You and 1 guest are invited to Western Recorders in LA for a studio tour and a private movie screening in the actual studio where hit albums by Pet Sounds, Sinatra, Ray Charles, Mamas & Papas, The Turtles and The Association were recorded. Will have movie "style" refreshments. (Date: 3/29/15, Time: 5pm [studio tour], 6pm [movie screening])

Cable/Satellite/On Demand

Amazon:
Coming Soon

AT&T UVerse:
On Demand > Uverse Movies > Featured/Early Releases

Barnes & Noble:
Coming Soon

Cablevision:
On Demand > Movies > Advanced Screenings

Charter:
Channel 1 (On Demand) - Movie > New Releases (Search Titles)

CinemaNow:
Coming Soon

Comcast:
Top Picks > New Movies
HD On Demand > Movies > Just In
HD On Demand > Movies > Indies & Foreign > Magnolia Pictures

Cox:
Early Screening > In Theaters

DirectTV:
Channel 1000 and 1100 (On Demand) > Movies > (Search Titles)

Dish:
DVR Button > All Movies > Search Movies > Search by Film or Actor

FlixFling:
Search Title

Google Play:
Coming Soon

iTunes:
Coming Soon (Note from Dee: I believe TWC is already available on iTunes. Perhaps a member here can confirm this info. Thanks~!)

Playstation 3 Store:
Video > Playstation Store > Studios > Magnolia Pictures (Search Titles)

SuddenLink:
Movies & Events > New Releases

Time Warner Cable:
HD Movies > Movies

Verizon FIOS:
Movies > By Genre > All > Indies & Docs > Magnolia

VUDU
Coming Soon

Xbox360 / Zune
Video Market Place > Zune > Featured (Search Titles)

YouTube:
Coming Soon

See more at: http://www.magpictures.com/thewreckingc ... chondemand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For theatrical screenings, see: http://www.magpictures.com/dates.aspx?i ... 7031425909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (This list continues to expanded, so check this site often and/or check your local theatre's programming.--Dee)

siblis

Post by siblis »

I caught it while flipping channels, he said it took over 2o yrs to make this Film, but promied his Dad he would get it done. Not much on Glen, just mentioned his name with others & showed a photo or two.

Dee

Post by Dee »

As a follow-up to the post below, Denny Tedesco was interviewed on the "CBS This Morning Show" about his new documentary. Denny did a great job! Photos of some Crew members were also shown including the one of Glen Campbell that is in many of the press photos in the reviews posted below! I am so sorry that I didn't know about this appearance in advance or I would have posted a heads up.

siblis

Post by siblis »

One of the Early Shows on CBS interviewed Denny Tedesco & showed clips from the Movie early this Morning.

Dee

Post by Dee »

‘Wrecking Crew’ salutes unsung musical heroes
Labor-of-love film documentary film chronicles the musicans behind some of the biggest hit singles and albums of the 1960s.

U-T San Diego
By George Varga, March 20, 2015

Varga writes: "(this film) provides a chiming musical valentine to the great musicians who made so many indelible contributions, while too long cloaked in anonymity. Thanks to 'The Wrecking Crew,' that cloak, at last, has been removed."

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/mar ... ie-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Documentary gives spotlight to musicians behind the hits
The Columbus Dispatch
By Terry Mikesell, Thursday March 19, 2015

Nice mentions of Glen Campbell and he is also quoted by Denny Tedesco.
A photo of Hal Blaine and Tommy Tedesco that I haven't seen previously.

See http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... -hits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

TWC.png
TWC.png (16.53 KiB) Viewed 6525 times
More exciting news from Denny Tedesco about his new documentary, "The Wrecking Crew"!
TWC_1.jpg
TWC_1.jpg (29.06 KiB) Viewed 6525 times
TWC_2.jpg
TWC_2.jpg (42.3 KiB) Viewed 6525 times
Dear WC Friends and Family,

We did it!!!

After 19 years in the making we finally released the film to the fans. What a weekend it was. Sellouts around the country, amazing reviews and people are talking.

This was the film that they said would never be released. We are only here because of the musicians and the fans that kept it alive. It's opening in various cities this weekend. If you're in Los Angeles, it's opening up in a few areas including, North Hollywood, West Hollywood, West LA, Pasadena, Camarillo and more.

Can I take a breath? No way! I'm making sure the WC Express Train keeps going.

I'm in New York City right now. The press is heating up and I'm here for a couple of shows that you can hear live in next two days.

I will be on Sirius Radio:

Wednesday, March 18th, (EASTERN TIME)
3:30pm - John Fugelsang (Tell Me Everything with John Fugelsang - SXM Insight)

Friday, March 20 @ SiriusXM (EASTERN TIME)
12:30pm - Ron Bennington (Ron Bennington Interviews - SXM Indie)
1:00pm - Meredith Ochs and Chris T. (Freewheelin' - SXM Road Dog)

Because I am in NY, I will also be attending the 7:30 screenings at the IFC for the next 3 nights for Q&As. I'm really looking forward to that. If you can, please come out and say hello.

Here are some of the highlights of the past weekend.
I love this film and didn't want it to end. Whether you're a music lover in general or a baby boomer harboring affection for the tunes of your time, make a beeline for any theater showing The Wrecking Crew. It's a gem. - Leonard Maltin - Indie Wire
If the history of rock music means anything to you, you know the individuals in question could only be the Wrecking Crew, a legendary group of Los Angeles-based studio musicians, and though their story has taken decades to reach the screen, it has been worth the wait. - Kenneth Turan - Los Angeles Times
At its best, The Wrecking Crew is a paean to work and the men (and one woman) who managed to play while they worked and made making hits look easy. Sean Elder- Newsweek
#1 on iTUNES for Documentary Rentals
90% on Rotten Tomatoes

Please visit The Wrecking Crew page on Magnolia Pictures' website for a current list of screenings. Note that this list changes as screenings are added!
http://www.magpictures.com/dates.aspx?i ... 7031425909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you all have opportunity to see this film. Of course, our Glen Campbell is in it!

Dee

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

Movie review: ‘Wrecking Crew’ is a look at the people who really put the bomp
Dover Post, March 13, 2015
By Ed Symkus
More Content Now

Now I am really intrigued to see this film because this reviewer mentions that this film reveals some "neat trivia" and he provides some of these little known tidbits in his article! Also mentioned is a multi-disc soundtrack that will be released soon: "It's going to be a must-have."

(What is "the bomp" used in the title of this article?)

Read more at: http://www.doverpost.com/article/201503 ... 5/?Start=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great news, arlw! Thanks for posting!
This film is certainly getting a lot of well-deserved attention, isn't it?
The world will know about the Wrecking Crew now!
A friend of mine in Canada was able to watch "The Wrecking Crew" on iTunes!
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Just FYI they had a follow up to The Wrecking Crew from yesterday's or the day before the Dallas Morning News article. Nothing was anything different, but trying to promote the documentary and once again they did mention Glen Campbell. It was in the Weekend Guide section.