Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Grammy WIN!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Grammy WIN!

Post by Cowpoke »

466,Glen Campbell (Official),10152514721727126:0

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Check out this Forbes article about the "Grammy Bounce".
The Grammy Bounce: How Much Is An Award Really Worth?
February 8, 2012
...there’s no doubt that the honor is a major boost to an artist’s career, and not just from a financial perspective.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalley ... lly-worth/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy

Post by Randy »

Just a couple random thoughts. To all the links posted lately,,, ty you guys so much, whether it be cd's, dvds, guitars, grammy awards or videos or just someone clicking on them to enjoy it has been hopping here on the site and I want to make sure everyone knows how much I appreciate all the time you have put in to make it really fun to come here.

"There were three country performances and just one award presented during the 2015 Grammys on Sunday night (Feb. 8), but none of those televised events were the best moment from the ceremony"

And thank you Taste of Country for this one... article and video....

http://tasteofcountry.com/top-5-moments-2015-grammys/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

This is an amazing link between Glen and the Borchetta family!

So Mike Borchetta promoted Glen's first single in 1961, which was Glen's first song to chart in the U.S., hitting #62 on the Billboard Hot 100, right?

Then, 53 years later, the son, Scott, through Big Machine Label Group, released and promoted Glen's last song in 2014, which won a Grammy!

This story gives me goosebumps as I am writing it. It is a tremendous circle-of-life story that I hope the press picks up!

Thanks for this astounding post, Cowpoke! Great research, too.

Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

In the post award interview with Kim Campbell, Julian Raymond and Scott Borchetta (president of Big Machine Label Group who released the soundtrack of I'll Be Me), Scott mentioned
the long history his family has with the Campbells. I wondered what he was referring to.

Turns out Scott's father Mike Borchetta goes way back with Glen.
Campbell and Borchetta originally worked together in 1961 when Borchetta worked for Irwin Zucker Promotions in Hollywood and promoted Campbell’s “Turn Around Look At Me” on Crest Records.
See http://www.musicrow.com/2012/11/snapshots-11712/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for a picture of Mike and Glen together.

Talk about coming full circle!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Grammys 2015: Glen Campbell's poignant win for best country song
LA Times
February 10, 2015

Kim Woolen Campbell talks about Glen Campbell's Grammy win.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy

Post by Randy »

Here's a link to the Grammy Premier Show.
Since it 's lengthy it is in several different sequences.
If you wanna quick scroll,,,, go to the end of the first video, then to the end of the second,

In the third one, at the 31:00 minute mark, Country music starts and
At 32:00 minutes is the award for Gentle (However the Band Perry were absent)
At 32:50 is "I'm Not Gonna Miss You"

LOVE IT!!!!!

http://www.grammy.com/videos/57th-gramm ... e-ceremony" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lulu

Post by lulu »

Sheila, I couldn't agree more! What a total waste of time. I personally think its an insult to Glen, someone who has been in the recording industry for so many years not to even take the time to mention his win during the broadcast. While I realize there are time constraints and the Oscars do the same thing at least they have the courtesy to take the time to announce the afternoon winners on the evening broadcast. Cowpoke, I did enjoy your pictures from the show.

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

I watched the whole 3hrs 40 min worth of a program that otherwise would not have watched had it not been for Glen. Other than a couple of bright
moments I thought it was awful. As always the grammy's treated country like a red headed step child and it was all pop/rock. Of which I care nothing
for neither. I did like Tom Jones & the lady he was paired with I've always liked the song they did. Tony Bennett and GaGa was good and the song
at the end that John Legend did from the movie Selma was good and that will probably win the oscar. I wish Glens would but pretty sure that one will
Thanks to Dee for the pictures and when I tried to download the acceptance speech it said I am not authorized. Thats ok I've got the pics.
Very Very happy Glen won I would just have like to have saw it. Any lets not for get the Band Perry they won too for Gentle on my Mind.

Shelia T

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Please check out the Resources forum for a video of the presentation of the 2015 Grammy Award for Best Country Song and the acceptance speech by Kim Campbell and Julian Raymond. Go here: http://www.glencampbellforums.com/viewt ... f=30&t=206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's the first time we've uploaded a video to the forum. If you have any problems watching the video, please let us know.