Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'll Be Me OST Release Date 2/17/2015

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: I'll Be Me OST Release Date 2/17/2015

Post by Dee »

Information from Big Machine Label Group about the tracks on the I'll Be Me soundtrack:

http://www.bigmachinelabelgroup.com/gle ... e-records/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

"And I need you more than want you"..... (in reference to the discussion below) :)

Cowpoke, this is rockin' great news about the upcoming I'll Be Me soundtrack: to have the recording of I'm Not Gonna Miss You with The Wrecking Crew members on CD is a dream come true. Just love this version!

Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes, Siblis, but this song is called "All I Need Is You". I hope and think it's a new song, co-written by Julian and Glen.

This link confirms one of the versions of I'm Not Gonna Miss You on the new soundtrack album, is the version done with The Wrecking Crew:

http://roughstock.com/news/2015/02/3263 ... cover-art/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

I think the song "All I want is You" is the U2 cover song.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes I meant to say Capitol only released a few of his albums on CD. It took a UK label and an Australian label to release most of the other albums!

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

You are right Cowpoke. A live album could be in the offing in the near future. Lets face it, they have enough footage to even do a supplementary DVD with bonus material on it as well.
I guess you are not including the double album releases on to CD with regard to the classic albums being reissued. There is also the triple album CDs which I have such as (Try a little kindness, The Glen Campbell album and The last time I saw her) and the other one is (Glen Travis Campbell, I knew Jesus and I remember Hank Williams).These were released by BGO records a couple of years ago. I have been buying these CDs so I can play them on my hifi in the front room as I do paperwork etc. The 1969 Live album was also released awhile ago. I have that was as well. Its nice to be able to play the whole concert without having to turn the album over.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes Mike I agree. The soundtrack album is the one I am looking forward to the most as well. Two more new songs. I heard a preview of Long Walk Home once and it's utterly beautiful.

Kim Campbell wasn't joking when she said they still had a few tricks up their sleeve, with regard to recordings by Glen.

Do you think they will release a live album too?

The Capitol rerelease of RC is notable though because it is only the 6th classic GC album Capitol released on CD and the first one to get a special treatment with bonustracks and hopefully well researched liner notes. The others were Gentle, Phoenix, Wichita, Galveston and Reunion.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I must say Cowpoke,this release is more exciting to me than the Rhinestone Cowboy re-issue. It feels like there is more energy to this as the single has been nominated and the tracks are all fresh so to speak. I can't wait to get my copy.
So much for Glen's last album. Ha,There's still creative life in the old man yet.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Official announcement of the full soundtrack album.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/01/27 ... announced/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The fact that this album only has two live tracks tells me a full live album of the Goodbye Tour might still be possible too. After all,
they recorded quite a few concerts I think.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Tracklist as published on amazon.com. "All I Need Is You" sounds familiar but could be a new track as is "The Long Walk Home".

1. I m Not Gonna Miss You (Glen Campbell)
2. Gentle On My Mind (The Band Perry)
3. Remembering (Ashley Campbell)
4. All I Need Is You (Glen Campbell)
5. The Long Walk Home (Glen Campbell)
6. Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell Live At The Ryman)
7. A Better Place (Glen Campbell Live At The Ryman)
8. Gentle On My Mind (The Band Perry Alternate Version)
9. Home Again (Ashley Campbell)
10. I m Not Gonna Miss You (Glen Campbell Alternate Version)

http://www.amazon.com/Glen-Campbell-Ill ... B00SHEON8G" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;