Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Elusive Butterfly

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Elusive Butterfly »

Hi Dee and Cowpoke. Thank you so much for posting these wonderful news about "Athena" and "Thanks To You". I've now discovered them on Youtube as well. They're absolutely wonderful, in my opinion. And very typical for that period in musical history. Glen sang these songs so well. And I agree with what Cowpoke said in another posted comment. That , "Athena" sounds very similar to Glen's lovely "Primadonna". I hope it's allright for me to post "Athena" here. I think Glen's devoted fans should all have the chance to enjoy these gems from way back in his glorious career. Elusive Butterfly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbAtbNZzoxc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

siblis

Post by siblis »

Yes this is true. Selected DVD Player Brands like Phillips, Magnavox, Toshiba will play all Region, Sony, Panasonic will not.

siblis

Post by siblis »

aelw.....yes this is true, selected DVD player Brands will play all Region including Phillips, Magnavox, & Toshiba. Panasonic & Sony will not.

arlw

Post by arlw »

The region 2 not only plays on the computer, but also on any portable dvd player! I have a few that won't play in my den, as it is a Blue Ray machine, but I have no problem watching region2/PAL on another device. Dee, I am also hoping that when that RC lp is released, that they should put the bonus material on there, but one never knows. I was also looking to see if it's 180 GRAMS, and could not find that information anywhere.

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee....You should be able to watch it on the Computer with no problem.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Good point, siblis.
Based on your experiences with Region 2 DVDs, should I be able to watch it on my computer? I hope so!

arlw--thanks for confirming RC40 (40th Anniversary release of Rhinestone Cowboy and additional tracks!) on amazon/US.
(I have pre-ordered the vinyl album and the CD! Some of the articles in the new topic dedicated to this new release make it sound like the LP will also have the bonus tracks, but is it technically, physically possible to add 5 more tracks to this vinyl album?)

Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee.....If it is coming from the U.K., I'll bet that the DVD will be Region 2

Dee

Post by Dee »

On the U.K.'s amazon site, Glen Campbell's new (reissued, I guess one could say) "Access All Areas CD+DVD, Double CD, Live" is now available.
We posted about this release previously in this topic. This live concert is the full one from 1990 at the Dome in Doncaster with the Jeff Dayton Band.
DVD Region: unknown

arlw

Post by arlw »

Also at http://www.amazon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is now taking pre order's for the 40th anniversary of RHINESTONE COWBOY! Bonus and unreleased material will be on this cd. March release date!

arlw

Post by arlw »

siblis,
If you check http://www.Amazon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I think they answered your question as I got an email from them over the weekend!

Glen Campbell I'll Be Me Soundtrack - Format: Audio CD- Now available for pre-order-$10.00--tracks are below.

Product Details

Audio CD (February 17, 2015)
Original Release Date: 2015
Number of Discs: 1
Format: Soundtrack
Label: Big Machine Records
ASIN: B00SHEON8G
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #692 in Music (See Top 100 in Music) #18 in Music > Soundtracks > Movie Scores
#19 in Music > Soundtracks > Movie Soundtracks

Track Listings

1. I'm Not Gonna Miss You (Glen Campbell)
2. Gentle On My Mind (The Band Perry)
3. Remembering (Ashley Campbell)
4. All I Need Is You (Glen Campbell)
5. The Long Walk Home (Glen Campbell)
6. Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell Live At The Ryman)
7. A Better Place (Glen Campbell Live At The Ryman)
8. Gentle On My Mind (The Band Perry Alternate Version)
9. Home Again (Ashley Campbell)
10. I' m Not Gonna Miss You (Glen Campbell Alternate Version)