Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Dee »

Hi, Elusive Butterfly, thank you so much for your wonderful post – it was EXCITING to read it as all the amazing events unfolded ending in Glen Campbell’s last song being played on radio in DENMARK likely for the first time! All thanks to you!

No, this is not an overestimated story in a big world. What you and your most awesome DJ accomplished is definitely huge! Whether 100 listeners heard it, or 1000, or thousands more, if hearing Glen’s story and listening to Glen’s last song made a difference in just one person's life, then, yes it is huge.

Thank you again for sharing your most monumental story, for helping to get Glen's song and story out to other people, and also for sharing your excitement about Glen’s 6th Grammy!

And thanks so much for your kind words to Cowpoke and me. We are fans like you and also want to honor our icon, Glen Campbell, now and for the “next generation” as Kim Campbell mentioned in her acceptance speech when accepting Glen’s Grammy Award on his behalf on last Sunday.

Dee :)

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Elusive Butterfly, that is an awesome story! Thanks for sharing it with us. So you singlehandedly let Denmark hear Glen's final song over the radio? And he called you one of the biggest Glen Campbell fans in the country? Wow, I can imagine that made your day! Great job Elusive Butterfly, and thanks for posting your story!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Elusive Butterfly

Post by Elusive Butterfly »

Thank you to Dee and Cowpoke for being so kind and helpful, for "newcomers", to make us feel comfortable posting on these fabulous and interesting sites, on all that has to do with our beloved musical giant Glen Campbell. This makes me bold enough, to post my little personal story, which happened yesterday, when I was made aware (thanks to my dear friend Dee, who kept me posted continuously), of Glen had won a Grammy for the best song "I'm Not Gonna Miss You". This was the first thing I did, after rushing out of bed. Checked my laptop for news on this very special issue. And surely enough. My sweet friend (Dee), had written, that Glen had won a Grammy for best song. Do I have to say, that I was overly thrilled? I kept on babbeling about it, all through breakfast with my husband, who smilingly, shared my excitement. Right after breakfast, I sat down at my laptop and wrote to the host of my favourite radio program. Told him (in case he didn't know about it. He didn't), about Glen's final and glorious achievement. I explained what it was all about. How Glen's situation is at the present. Then I asked him (the host), if he would please concider, bringing these great news on his program and maybe play Glen's winning song "I'm Not Gonna Miss You". Ten minutes later, This popular radio host's voice roared out of my speakers, about all I had written and told him a moment ago. He said he was more than glad to be made aware of this musical giant recieving his final Grammy. He mentioned my name and called me one of the biggest fans of Glen Campbell, in the country (Denmark). That made my day. Finally he played Glen's winning song, which I don't believe, has yet been played in the Danish radio at all......until now. This may be a overestimated story in a big world. But to me, this was HUGE. And I feel I had to share this thrilling experience, with some of my great and likewise, devoted Glen-friends out there. Elusive Butterfly.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Dee, UMe stands for Universal Music enterprises. Universal Music acquired Glen's Capitol catalogue when they took over EMI in 2012. The British EMI was the parent company of Capitol Records since 1955.

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee......Most likely "I'll be me" will go to VOD first for several Months before it ever comes out on DVD/Bluray. I picked up 20 screeners this past Month, but Glen's Documentary is not one of them, which makes me believe that it's being heavily guarded & unlike a lot of the other Movies up for Best Picture that will come out soon after the Oscars are over onto DVD, Glen's Documentary will probably run on VOD for several Months & than go to DVD.....my prediction VOD could start in March & run til May, DVD/Bluray could happen in June.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, arlw, you are pre-ordered and ready for some great music! February 17th can't come fast enough for us fans!
I am especially looking forward to the soundtrack of "I'll Be Me".
(BTW, no word yet on the DVD release of "I'll Be Me"--I am hearing from the folks who know about these things that the doc might be released to a home entertainment channel first. Boo--I don't have cable or satellite television! From my reading up on the Emmy Awards, a release of a film/doc via cable is not eligible for an Emmy if the film/doc was not produced for cable only. A former theatrical release is not eligible.)
Great catch--I didn't realize that RC40 is being released on a record label other than Capitol! This seems strange to me. "UMe". I have never heard of this label, have you?
You'll think I am crazy, I ordered two RC40 vinyl LPs -- one to keep sealed (and maybe will frame it) and one to listen to -- but will only keep both of these LPs on "pre-order" until I learn whether or not the LP is 180g. If it is not, then I will cancel the one RC40 vinyl. Definitely getting the CD! :)
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
I pre ordered the Documentary of "I'll Be Me" on CD , and also the 40th Anniversary LP AND CD of Rhinestone Cowboy. Wanted to have both of these only because I know the CD will have the extra material on it, not sure the Album will, but being on another label other than Capital, makes it a very collectible item to have! I am hoping that the LP will be the 180 grams but so far there is nothing to back that up and the tracks listed on that are the same 10 songs!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Cowpoke,
How did you find out the identity of the songwriter of "Athena"? Awesome research!
Any idea who wrote "Thanks To You"?
Thanks to you for nailing down this information!
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Elusive Butterfly,
thanks for sharing your thoughts on those two previously unreleased tracks. I really enjoy Athena too. It was written by someone whom Glen had met a few years earlier: Jimmy Seals who later formed Seals and Crofts. Jimmy (and Dash Crofts) were members of The Champs when Glen was too. By the way, Elusive Butterfly, don't worry on where to post something. Just pick a topic that you feel is appropriate. To us the most important thing is that members feel free to post and share their thoughts. And Dee and me are here to help with any questions you might have.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Elusive Butterfly, thank you so much for sharing "Athena" on YouTube with all of us here.
It's a great pop song and is a perfect example of how Glen was exploring different genres of music as a solo artist when he recorded "Athena" in 1964!

I just wish that Capitol would have released liner notes with the digital files for the album that "Athena" and "Thanks To You" are on. Glen might have written one or both of these songs, but we may never know this information!
Jerry Fuller wrote "Prima Donna", so perhaps Jerry wrote "Athena". Maybe his daughter would know?

Thanks again for posting!
Dee