Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: New DVD / CD Releases

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Siblis,
Yes, that's what it seems like. Still it would be a bit strange because, except for "The Artistry of Glen Campbell" (and 2 tracks from "The Astounding 12 String Guitar") all the Capitol albums have already been released digitally. Now if they would release them as real physical CDs in a nice package, that would be different.

The only candidate for a volume 1, that I can think of, is this boxset:

http://www.amazon.com/5-Classic-Albums-CD/dp/B00FA1DGH8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

Cowpoke.....Sounds to me that they are going to release 11 Albums that Glen did on the Capitol Label for D/L only. The question is why are they saying Vol 2? Did they already release a Vol & if they did, what Albums were they?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

This is still vague, but I wonder what they mean by "The Capitol Albums Collection Volume 2", said to consist of 11 albums, digital only, to be released on March 31.

http://themusicuniverse.com/event/glen- ... -volume-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

arlw.....Thanks for the "lookout" for the soundtrack & letting me know that Walmart has it. I had checked Target last week & they don't sell it. If anyone has not seen "Still Alice" yet, it's a MUST see, julianne Moore does a incredible job acting in this Movie & disvered the Oscar!!!!

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,
I also ordered That Glen Campbell Access CD/DVD...Even though it's PAL, it might play on Blue-Ray/portable DVD player/and or the computer....Either way, it is a great set. Mine is coming from Germany but the one from the UK is the same one as mine! It's on the Edsel Label. which is a division of Demon Music Group in London! Will let you know if my copy plays in the blue ray dvd player as mine says PAL, but also says ALL AREAS! I would take a wild guess and say NO!!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks for your tip, arlw! Walmart is on the ball! This CD was only released one week ago!

Guess what? I finally received "Glen Campbell Access All Areas" from amazon.com in the U.K., a set with both a CD and DVD of Glen's concert at the Dome in Doncaster backed by the Jeff Dayton Band.
This set was carefully marketed to be current and perhaps a tribute. On the back cover, the notes include: "Illness has now ended his (Glen's) active music-making but Glen Campbell's reputation lives on in songs like those collected here."

BTW, this set is PAL format, so I hope to be able to at least view the DVD on my computer. I haven't played/watched it yet, so I can't speak to its quality.

Dee
GC_Access All Areas_Front Cover_copyrighted.jpg
GC_Access All Areas_Front Cover_copyrighted.jpg (53.39 KiB) Viewed 5781 times

arlw

Post by arlw »

Was at Walmart today and lo and behold Glens new CD Soundtrack is there! Even though I already ordered it and am playing it, I bought a sealed copy to hold onto. One to play and enjoy and one to keep! I love it.... 10.00 was their price. I am dubbing the opened one for my car!

arlw

Post by arlw »

For those that ordered the I'll Be Me Soundtrack at Amazon.com--they have been shipped. Can't wait for it's arrival and also the Oscars!!! Nice to know that the CD is being shipped already. The pre-order price was $9.99, which is great!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you, arlw!
After reading your post, I checked amazon.com/UK, and this new set is now selling on that site, too! Hooray!

Thanks, too, for your earlier post and for your very kind words. All of us make for a great forum team!

We might just see some new releases this year with Glen's resurgence in his music career...a Grammy (such a beautiful gold gramophone!) speaks volumes.
Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Another new release is coming out--this is an imported CD AND DVD---It is imported from Germany/UK and other places on the label below. Here is the link-great photos of Glen: Order them while you can-I did!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMPBELL-Glen-A ... 19fb198370" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glen CAMPBELL

Access All Areas (CD + DVD)
Edsel

Cat: AAACDVD 009. Rel: 2 Feb 15
Rock

Side 1 - Track 1. Rhinestone Cowboy
Side 1 - Track 2. Galveston
Side 1 - Track 3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Side 1 - Track 4. Try A Little Kindness
Side 1 - Track 5. Wichita Lineman
Side 1 - Track 6. She's Gone Gone Gone
Side 1 - Track 7. Walkin' In The Sun
Side 1 - Track 8. On A Good Night
Side 1 - Track 9. True Grit
Side 1 - Track 10. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Side 1 - Track 11. I Remember You
Side 1 - Track 12. Highwayman
Side 1 - Track 13. Streets Of London
Side 1 - Track 14. Mull Of Kintyre
Side 1 - Track 15. Gentle On My Mind

Side 2 - Track 1. Rhinestone Cowboy (DVD)
Side 2 - Track 2. Galveston
Side 2 - Track 3. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Side 2 - Track 4. Try A Little Kindness
Side 2 - Track 5. Wichita Lineman
Side 2 - Track 6. She's Gone Gone Gone
Side 2 - Track 7. Walkin' In The Sun
Side 2 - Track 8. On A Good Night
Side 2 - Track 9. True Grit
Side 2 - Track 10. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle
Side 2 - Track 11. I Remember You
Side 2 - Track 12. Highwayman
Side 2 - Track 13. Streets Of London