Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
arlw

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases

Post by arlw »

Dee,

I have been looking at this DVD also....I would speculate that it IS a Bootlegged Product-mentions in certain areas AUS/NTR0.
There is a number that should match up on the back and this one does not! Also, with the cheap prices verses the costly ones, they are a dead give-away...Kind of like buying the LP's on HUA-SUN, FIRST RECORDS, and other Asian Releases. There are a lot of DVD's that ARE ok but the ones that blacken out other material to read, I wouldn't take a chance!! If they mention PAL related, unless you have a player that does BOTH, it will not play. The majority of material on this DVD ARE from U-tube and other videos, combined. A reminder-----Just because it is SEALED, it doesn't mean it's BRAND NEW! Anyone these days can put Glen's picture on it and seal it up....Hope this helps you and others. Trust me in almost 44 years of collecting, this is 1 I will NOT purchase....

dee2

Post by dee2 »

I have been seeing a DVD "Best of GC" listed on ebay (expensive!) and amazon (not so expensive!) sites. It seems to be an import from Australia, looks like a bootleg and yet it was apparently released by Goldenlane Records in 2017, and again in 2018, same label that released the nice picture disc (LP) last year. It appears to me that the performances may be ones up on youtube.

The DVD seems odd to me because:
--it appears not to be an official release and yet it is using an official GC press image on its front cover
--the "fine print" on the bottom of the case's back cover is blurred in the listing's picture
--Goldenlane Records is listed but so is "Possum"
--it is listed as NTSC by amazon, however, the back of the case reads Format: PAL and Regions: All Regions

I am suspicious, too, because I have seen bootlegged DVDs on the internet that have been packaged to look authentic--and yet the videos are clearly copied (no new performances) from other previously released official DVDs and / or appear to be performances already on youtube (some television performances).

Has anyone purchased this DVD and, if so, could you share with us what you think about its video and audio quality? If it is a scam, we would sure like to caution all the fans who come here to read updates about new CDs/DVDs. Thanks!

Best of GC front.jpg
Best of GC front.jpg (316.98 KiB) Viewed 10485 times
Best of GC back.jpg
Best of GC back.jpg (433.99 KiB) Viewed 10485 times

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Good luck, Ar!

The "12-string" that I had ordered was dispatched with a delivery date of June 23. No tracking. Fingers crossed!
The price has come down to--in pounds--6.55.

The "Too Late" album was ordered May 30th, but has not been dispatched yet. When I looked back at the listing tonight, I saw it is "temporarily out of stock"!!! I hope I did not order it "too late". (amazon/UK) The new price--in pounds--is lower now at 7.58.

Trying to obtain these reissues on CD is like working a part-time job.

Dee

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,

Getting The Astounding 12-String Guitar CD!!! Now, just need to pre-order Too Late to Worry - Too Blue to Cry CD!!!

arlw

Post by arlw »

I cancelled it only because I didn't know when it would ever get in stock! They credited my account. I might get back into Amazon and just buy it....Funny and Sad at the same time that when an artist passes away, they come up with all "New" or vaulted pulled material. It's all about the $'s, unfortunately!

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Thanks for checking the links on the upcoming release, Ar. October is so far away!

BTW, I received a promising email confirmation message from amazon earlier this week: your order for The Astounding 12-String Guitar has been dispatched. Yay! Did you receive your CD yet?

Your info about the Australian label Greyscale explains the higher CD prices. Hopefully, the tracks were remastered. ;)

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Thanks for checking the links on the upcoming release, Ar. October is so far away!

BTW, I received a promising email confirmation message from amazon earlier this week: your order for The Astounding 12-String Guitar has been dispatched. Yay! Did you receive your CD yet?

Your info about the Australian label Greyscale explains the higher CD prices. Hopefully, the tracks were remastered. ;)

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Cowpoke's dream for new recordings came true after two years!
Thanks for the names of the songs.
I propose that "Clambake" is the demo Glen mentioned in conversation many years ago, except he referred to the song as "Do the Crab".
Seriously.

The album cover is from the same photo shoot as this one:

Glen Campbell_Acoustic Guitar_Nov2017_Front Cover-sm-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell_Acoustic Guitar_Nov2017_Front Cover-sm-gcf.jpg (28.83 KiB) Viewed 10274 times

arlw

Post by arlw »

Dee,

This CD now appears in the link provided--thank you. They must have loaded it up. Amazon doesn't show this in the US, but if you go to the UK, Amazon does list this!!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Unbelievable. This is what I was hoping for. The tracks mentioned on the front cover are:

We Call On Him
Easy Come Easy Go
Spin Out
Stay away Joe
Clambake
All I Needed Was The Rain
I'll Be Back
Cross My Heart

Now what is the connection between all these songs? Yep, it's.... The King!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...