Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: Announcing Glen Campbell's Newest DVD/CD Releases

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hey Cowpoke, I think you're on the right track here. :lol:, which is more than can be said for the album covers. I don't know these albums, but that is a good find. Again I take my hat off to you.
Mike

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

You’re on to something there Mike!
B548668F-E064-47DD-B71C-D9F2ED9BF4ED.jpeg
B548668F-E064-47DD-B71C-D9F2ED9BF4ED.jpeg (20.77 KiB) Viewed 9060 times
3C6F51CA-780A-41EE-AC84-2FAA0EC54F34.jpeg
3C6F51CA-780A-41EE-AC84-2FAA0EC54F34.jpeg (204.53 KiB) Viewed 9060 times

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Cowpoke,One that comes to mind is Collin Raye's album. (This isn't officially called Wichita Lineman but it refers to the lyric of the song). The mistake is confusing the word "line" for rail lines instead of telephone lines. I am reminded of some old cover albums which did the same. Nothing wrong in that but I am just surprised they don't consider the lyrics of the song a bit more carefully. Still many songs do suffer from misinterpretation. Born in the USA by Springsteen is not actually a pro American song which many think it is because of the hook line. The original unplugged version makes it much easier to hear what Bruce is actually trying to convey.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Mike no need to be sorry!😁In fact now I’m even more curious about those album covers? Any examples you can find easily?

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Cowpoke, sorry I was referring to albums by other artists who call the album Wichita Lineman. Not Glen Campbell albums per se. Sorry for the confusion.
Mike

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

That is why I always get annoyed when I see album covers with train tracks when they are referring to Wichita lineman. I assume they haven't heard the song or didn't listen to it properly. The book BTW is a good read and I will cover it later for those who haven't read it yet.
Mike, can you give an example of those albumcovers with train tracks ? I was thinking that maybe that originated from the fact that they (I’m not sure who did it) reused the music video for Phoenix (which has Glen waiting in a trainstation etc) as music video for Wichita Lineman!

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

jay/Cowpoke, It is a good shot inasmuch as it has a very natural quality to it. It was an interesting comment in the the Dylan Jones book "Wichita Lineman an unfinished song" that the image of Glen on the cover didn't really reflect the essence of the song. Where's that image of Glen on the tracks would feel more suited to it. If you look at Phoenix and the Galveston album covers, they really do reflect the lyrics and the story of the songs. That is why I always get annoyed when I see album covers with train tracks when they are referring to Wichita lineman. I assume they haven't heard the song or didn't listen to it properly. The book BTW is a good read and I will cover it later for those who haven't read it yet.
Mike

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Ha I would have never noticed that! Good eye. I don't know if it's a rule maybe they just thought it looked better without a specific logo to catch the attention. That photoshoot at the railroad track, it's unbelievable how much mileage they got out of that. They used those picture so many times. But, they are great shots, I have to admit.

jay

Post by jay »

Cowpoke...what is the commonality in these two pictures...well...that might jump out at you.
Glen-Campbell-Old-Home-Town-The-Collection.jpg
Glen-Campbell-Old-Home-Town-The-Collection.jpg (129.22 KiB) Viewed 8634 times

OK OK
There must be a trademark rule that dictates how publishers handle a guitars logo.
The Rick logo is whited out and the Martin logo is covered up.
abb6f12fec3b399d225acc9f73034342.jpg
abb6f12fec3b399d225acc9f73034342.jpg (27.63 KiB) Viewed 8635 times
rick.jpg
rick.jpg (29.99 KiB) Viewed 8633 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

A new release with old songs... with a nice front cover.
Old Home Town The Collection
Old Home Town The Collection
Glen-Campbell-Old-Home-Town-The-Collection.jpg (23.83 KiB) Viewed 8523 times
Read more here: https://theseconddisc.com/release/old-h ... ollection/