Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'll Be Me - The Documentary

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: I'll Be Me

Post by Dee »

And many thanks, Siblis, for this link (posted below) that you had already posted in October. It just came to my attention via a very delayed news alert that NPR posted a full audio of this interview with Kim Campbell and James Keach as well as a transcript for download. This transcript includes lines from the documentary, I'll Be Me.

No Shame: Glen Campbell Documentary Follows Singer's Goodbye Tour
http://www.npr.org/2014/10/27/359314188 ... odbye-tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks again, Siblis!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Siblis, for the news flash on TBP. What do you think about The Band Perry's performance on the CMAs?

siblis

Post by siblis »

The Band Perry hailed as best performance on CMA Awards

See: http://www.wnypapers.com/news/article/c ... cma-awards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"TBP showcased its musical prowess, performing a stirring rendition of Glen Campbell's "Gentle On My Mind" on the CMA Awards."

Dee

I'll Be Me: Help Promote Glen's Film!

Post by Dee »

I'll Be Me: this movie listing has something on it that we want to see everywhere: SOLD OUT!
IMG_4182_GCF.jpg
IMG_4182_GCF.jpg (44.43 KiB) Viewed 5180 times
(Photo taken yesterday, November 9th, at a screening of I'll Be Me at an AMC Lowes Theater located just outside of Washington, D.C.)

The Glen Campbell Forums can make a grassroots difference in helping to sell out even more screenings! Furthermore, if the doc is not being shown in your city / country, make your voice heard on I'll Be Me's Facebook page or here on the forums--we'll be sure to pass along your suggestions to the Facebook PR team.

Following is an email message (form letter) that I received from James Keach and Trevor Albert about how we fans can help spread the word about Glen's film. I had signed up in advance to be notified of a screening in a city near my hometown.

###

We couldn’t be more excited - today is the opening day of GLEN CAMPBELL…I’LL BE ME in your city. Years of hard work have gone into making Glen’s dream come alive - his dream of giving a voice to the millions of families and caregivers who are silently suffering due to Alzheimer’s in America today, by letting people into his private battle.

We are blown away by the exceptional reviews we've received from film critics and fans alike (we've included some favorites below). But what lies ahead for this film is now in your hands and the hands of a handful of people like yourself who get to see this movie first.

** It is so important for fans of Glen and supporters of the fight against Alzheimer’s to see this film during opening week. This is YOUR movie more than it is ours now.**

- Get your tickets ...
- Invite your family and friends to see the movie with you
- See it more than once if you can
- Post the trailer to your social media again (we've seen so many of your posts already - thank you!) --> http://bit.ly/GlenCampbellMovieTrailer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Send emails to your family and friends about the movie
- Spread the word through social media far and wide!

We are not a big studio movie with big budgets, so we are not guaranteed a large nationwide release. If you’ve been tuning into our Facebook page, you know how many people have been requesting GLEN CAMPBELL…I'LL BE ME to play in their city!

**If this movie does well at the box office in the initial release cities, then and only then will it get to open in more cities and be seen by more people**

Thank you again for all of your excitement and support. We can't wait to hear what you think of the film.

Please do let us know what you think by writing a post on our Facebook page after you see it: http://facebook.com/glencampbelldocumentary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or write a post on your own page with a tag back to our page (@Glen Campbell I'll Be Me)

See you at the movies,

James & Trevor

James Keach, Director & Producer
Trevor Albert, Producer

REVIEWS

“I’ll Be Me grabs you from the start. This film is not a misery memoir. It’s a bold, shake your fist at Alzheimer’s from Campbell and his family. It is a godsend that Campbell and his family have let us into their lives.” - Greg O’Brien, The Huffington Post

"One of the most remarkable documentaries in recent years. You do not want to miss this movie." - Richard Roeper, Film Critic, Chicago Sun-Times

"This documentary is going to touch a lot of people and do a lot of good." - Matt Lauer, NBC Today Show

"In a Year of Moving Docs, 'Glen Campbell I'll Be Me' May Take the Cake - and an Oscar Nom." - Scott Feinberg, The Hollywood Reporter

‘“I’ll Be Me” takes us on a journey that will resonate with audiences for a long time after they leave the theater.” - Bill Zwecker, Fox TV

Randy

Post by Randy »

Listened to that interview with Dr. Peterson. And also a fan.

Thx for that link Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee....That picture looks more like it's from Shindig or Shivaree.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Elegy for a Southern Boy in ‘Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me’

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/reviews ... i-ll-be-me" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A very detailed review with a Shindig! photo of Glen. (Or, is it Star Route?)
Here's a line from this review that we fans will well understand: "One of the disappointments early in the documentary is the lack of background about Campbell and his career, highlights and such."
Although a little disappointing in this respect, the documentary was not meant to be a biopic. --Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I have watched all these interviews and its great that James Keach and Dr Peterson all feel that Kim did the best she could for Glen and that the decision to put Glen into a care facility was the right thing to do.
It's also wonderful to see the level of respect they have for Glen and his family also. I think Glen amazed them as much as the rest of us with his True Grit spirit and has left us with a marvelous career highlight as a bookend his musical life.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Radio interview (11 minutes+) with Dr. Ronald Petersen, the Mayo Clinic neurologist who has been treating Glen Campbell for Alzheimer’s disease.

"Glen Campbell and his brave fight against Alzheimer’s"

http://wgnradio.com/2014/11/07/dr-ronal ... lzheimers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

'Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me' documentary makes its Chicago premiere tonight at a special screening, November 7th:

Pre-screening interview with Kim and Ashley Campbell:

http://abc7chicago.com/entertainment/gl ... go/385584/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;