Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: Glen Campbell

Post by Mike Joyce »

That has been one big thing .I think, that has surprised the casual observer, that Glen has had and still enjoys a very loyal band of fans. I know he appreciated the love that was shown to him during his goodbye tour by wonderful fans like yourself Marcia. Keep the flame burning .
Best wishes,Mike

marcia hill

Post by marcia hill »

Here's to Glen Campbell's documetary, "I'll Be Me" broadcasting right now...I dedicated my cover of Amazing Grace (Marcia Hill sings Amazing Grace) on Utube to Glen and his family. He has been forever a favorite of mine....from the time my roomie and I heard his song "By the Time I get to Phoenix" and up until tonight and on and on....

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, Miss Hill, for replying to my post it means a lot to me.

I have plenty of confidence to circulate in forums, but I was a little worried that I had stolen some of your fire or taken the attention off your incredible link.

But the truth of the matter is your video clip was the highlight of my day and when I went to bed, I felt I had lived to the fullest linking up with you that day and your family and forum members.

I watched your video three times in a row, I was amazed by the accompaniment, it was a big reason why I kept playing the song, I truly felt blessed, especially so close to Mother's Day, I could smell the flowers and perfume.

Amazing Grace and Will The Circle Be Unbroken are the two songs that will set me off like that.

You are blessed to come from a musical family and hardwired to sing and play.

Thank you for helping me to remember my roots, I will be thinking of you as I enter this forum, Miss Hill, my shining star.

I can hear Amazing Grace in the back of my mind, right now!

And pray for those that we love and honor in spirit this upcoming weekend.

Best wishes,
Rob

marcia hill

Post by marcia hill »

Rob, thank you from the bottom of my heart!! When nothing else helps, it seems music brings us back to our faith and knowing we are loved. At least for me it has that power. Glenn Campbell... I hate to know he is no longer able to bring all that good music to all of us. At least we have his years of performing! As for the "supermom", you are also very kind...me trying my best with my immediate family is a balm for a lot of pretty heart breaking years growing up...back to singing!! Take good care of yourself... marcia hill

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, Miss Hill,

I wasn't feeling very well until I saw yout video, called in sick and spent the day in bed, your film help me look past the aches and pains and draw comfort from the lord, family and friends.

After watching your clip, I have a nickname for you, "SUPERMOM"!

During the course of his career, Glen Campbell recorded and released Amazing Grace seven different times, a song that obviously he never gave up on.

Live from some of the greatest halls in the world and Faith albums, the breakdown looks like this:

1973 Amazing Grace
1975 Amazing Grace [live in Japan]
1977 AMAZING GRACE
[Nov. 1977 Side B. Capitol 45 Single 4515]
1978 Amazing Grace [live at the Royal Festival Hall]
1994 Amazing Grace
2002 Amazing Grace
[live with the South Dakota Symphony]
2004 Amazing Grace

Glen Campbell never stopped giving, all this love directed toward him, blossoms.

Thank you, for reminding me of music's healing properties.

Love,
Rob

marcia hill

Post by marcia hill »

I appreciate that you enjoyed my video and song. Been playing Glenn Campbell a lot this whole winter and this spring...he comes around once in a generation. Again, "Classical Gas" really shows off his amazing talent with the guitar...and his voice, of course...my best to all. Marcia Hill

Randy

Post by Randy »

Marcia, Beautiful indeed. Glen would be proud and greatful, I am sure of that and so will his family. Glen Campbell is "loved" by his fans, and after the last few years being exposed to his family I feel quite confident that "love" extends easily to his family.

Thank you Marcia, for that beautiful tribute

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

That is beautiful Marcia. Thanks very much for your tribute. That's what this forum is about!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Glen Campbell

Post by Dee »

We are happy to share this beautiful cover of "Amazing Grace", one of Glen Campbell's favorite songs, performed by the very talented "marcia p hill" and dedicated to Glen Campbell and his family and fans. (Please also read marcia's posts below). Thank you for your tremendous gift of music, marcia!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great, marcia, I will post your video.
It is an honor for us to post it on Glen Campbell Forums. You sing and play guitar beautifully, and your video is heartwarming to watch!
Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in dedicating your cover of "Amazing Grace" to Glen Campbell, his family, and fans.
Dee (Thank you for your kind words about this forum, too.)