Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Studio Sessions

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: Glen's Studio Sessions

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 07:50 am:

Thank you both, Arlw and Cowpoke, for all of your research on the Walter Brennan album with Glen as a session player.

I looked up my amazon order. The photograph of the "Talkin' from the Heart" album on amazon's page shows the record number as LRP-3317 (Liberty Records)! This number can be seen in the lower right hand corner of the photo. Of course, the photograph could be of a different release or ???

In the past, I have ordered several items from amazon that ultimately don't match the listing's photo. It will be interesting to see what I actually receive in the mail! I will keep you both advised.

--Confused in Baltimore (Dee)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, November 12, 2012 - 11:47 pm:

Cowpoke,
Got the info on that Walter Brennan Lp and really appreciate your post on that, but I think there might be an error on your link posted. I just wanted to let you know that when I searched for it, I am finding the number on Liberty Records as 3317, not a 7317. Also some dates are listed as 1964, but they could be a 1963 release. I located a LRP 3317 from 1964 and its in Mono. I think I saw that one on ebay.

Anyway, I will eventually get this lp as Glen did studio work on here. Just to clarify on that number. I get 3317. Let me know when you search for it and everyone else that you have the correct number. Thanks again for the post and keeping this section around.

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 01:43 am:

They have this Walter Brennan Lp on ebay And the amazon website. I have noticed that some places list this record as LST-7317 and others show it as LRP. My guess is either one is
Correct. Liberty Records with 12 tracks. I will try and look for it here as there are a few places that still sell vinyl. I know......What's that...Thanks for that info and Dee, glad you got a copy. Don't think its available other than that format but if it is I will get the CD.

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 10:13 pm:

@Cowpoke...wow!...thank you so much for locating this Walter Brennan album w/ Glen as session player! Exciting! (Is it known on which tracks Glen plays?) I found and ordered a copy tonight!

-Dee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 03:34 pm:

Glen is playing guitar on this Walter Brennan album:

http://www.lpdiscography.com/?page=disc ... lbum=20534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Talkin' From The Heart
Talkin' From The Heart
Talkin' From The Heart.jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 7409 times
-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 10:49 pm:

Arlw!

This IS exciting news! Thank you so much for researching Glen's session work for Brennan and very possibly "Old Rivers"! It makes sense now that Brennan was a guest on the Goodtime Hour, possibly at Glen's invitation (because I think GC had more control over the Goodtime Hour in 1970 than previously). Great find! Thanks again! (And congrats on the rare record that you have in your collection!)

-Dee

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 05:25 pm:

Dee,

On the LP The Very Best Of Walter Brennan that I posted below:

They DO LIST "OLD RIVERS" as the first track so it's possible that Glen is on this entire LP as studio session work only. I have no 45's that are Walter Brennan. I was told by a DJ when they had record conventions over 15 years ago here in the Dallas area that Glen was on this LP so I bought it. The original release is about 1962-1963 on this album. At that time Glen was doing studio work. As stated in my write up-this is the only record I have/own with Walter Brennan and Glen Campbell on guitar. I am sure if I played the entire record I might be able to tell you what tracks he is on. But, that DJ that has a radio show here in town, hasn't steered me wrong yet and I know him 35 years!

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 05:13 pm:

The Very Best Of Walter Brennan - United Artists, UA-LA-438-E-0498.
1975 release. The songs on this LP have been previously released.

The original LP was released in the early 60’s time frame. This copy is a Promo and as far as I know this is the only one that Glen Campbell was on with Walter Brennan playing guitar as this was session work for Glen on this album.

Quite rare.....

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 05:09 pm:

Dee,
I just checked some places. In answer to your question:

"Old Rivers" was released in March, 1962. Do you know if Glen might have been a session player on this recording? I couldn't find anything that backed that one up.

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 02:34 pm:

@Cowpoke: No, I didn't know that Glen played on the demo "Do the Clam" that Elvis later recorded! How cool is that!

I'd love to see that Mike Douglas interview with GC!

-Dee