Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Studio Sessions

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: Glen's Studio Sessions

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, July 27, 2012 - 07:12 pm:

I may be mistaken but I think Glen & Roy did "Ghost Riders in the Sky" on Hee Haw.

-Hair

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 07:31 pm:

And who remembers seeing Glen and Roy on stage on some tv show, playing the same guitar at the same time? .................I remember seeing this happen on the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon yrs ago.

-Siblis

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 10:36 am:

I did see that show where Roy pulled a practical joke on Glen, on a DVD made by a fellow fan.

Regarding "Uphill All the Way" (and thanks for reminding me, I forgot about that one), the soundtrack album contains two tracks that involve Glen.

"Ghost Riders in the Sky" - instrumental w/ Roy Clark
"Unlikely Posse" - duet w/ Mel Tillis

Interesting to hear that "Wild Winds" was also in that movie. I always loved that track.

And who remembers seeing Glen and Roy on stage on some tv show, playing the same guitar at the same time?

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 10:03 am:

...Roy Clark and GC....how many of you remember the 1984-5 tv show Bloopers and Practical Jokes, a segment where Roy plays a practical joke on Glen during their filming of Uphill All The Way. Hosted by Dick Clark and Ed McMahon (both RIP).

Speaking of which, it might be worth checking into how much involvement GC had on the soundtrack album of Uphill. His song Wild Winds was playing during the movie and it's possible he appeared on some other tracks of RClark's or Mel Tillis' that made the soundtrack.

The film was a major dud however, but hey...we still have Norwood as a cult classic!

-Hyde

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, July 23, 2012 - 07:23 am:

Thanks Arlw! According to his (wonderful) site

http://countrydiscoghraphy2.blogspot.co ... art-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glen also plays on these Roy Clark albums on Capitol records:

HAPPY TO BE UNHAPPY (T/ST 2031)
ROY CLARK SINGS LONESOME LOVE BALLADS (T/ST 2452)

...and these singles:

SP CAPITOL 5163 Take Me As I Am (Or Let Me Go) / If You'll Pardon Me
SP CAPITOL 5233 It's My Way / I'm Forgetting Now
SP CAPITOL 5350 When The Wind Blows In Chicago / Live Fast Love Hard Die Young
SP CAPITOL 5445 Color Of Her Love Is Blue / Too Pooped To Pop

...and probably a lot more that we don't know of!

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 03:03 pm:

The Incredible Roy Clark-DOT Records-DOS-25990. This LP was released in the early 70’s and it contains various tracks done by Roy Clark that were released or written by other artists. On side one Roy Clark does “Back In The Race” which was written by Glen Campbell and Vic Dana. (Campbell-Allison Music BMI).

Glen released this track earlier but it is nice to hear Roy Clark do one of Glen Campbell’s tracks. The LP is produced by Joe Allison for NERECO Productions.

Glen is not a musician on this LP but is given credit on the back jacket AND the LP for his song written, “Back In The Race.” The LP is in Mint condition for being 40 years old at the time I bought this!!!!

The record is in Stereophonic. Black label with silver writing and DOT is written in red. Dot Records is a division of Famous Music Corporation located in New York.

There are more GLEN CAMPBELL items with Roy Clark on the banjo than the other way around! Check the early LP's and also DVD's!

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 02:51 pm:

Cowpoke,

There are a few that Glen Campbell played on with Roy Clark--let me check what I have and will post what I find. Those were the days my friend!

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, July 22, 2012 - 02:41 pm:

Thanks Arlw. Do you know of any other Roy Clark records Glen played on? One thing I do know is that Roy played banjo on Glen's The Astounding 12 String Guitar.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 02:58 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROY-CLARK-live- ... 3355bb19d8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the Roy Clark Record---It is in Mono!!

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 02:52 pm:

I can guess that one but I doubt they will allow it to be posted!!! Heard about that LP--nice studio work for Glen.

-Arlw