Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Best of Glen Campbell on YouTube

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
arlw

Re: Glen Campbell on YouTube and Other Video Sites

Post by arlw »

I have this on a VHS as it was on TV 10 years ago and in the last 2 years or so, I put it on a DVD. This is a great YouTube video and I happened to stumble across this today, while looking for something else! Will post the link for you to watch. If you remember the program "I've Got A Secret" this is the newer one!! I hope you enjoy it: Thank you Hair!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGN1KnZ3hxA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

You are welcome, Phyllis!

Thanks to ar, too, who provided behind-the-scenes info on this little guy!

Now, everywhere I turn, I see SHOTGUN RED! :D

I watched a Ralph Emery video a couple of nights ago on YouTube, hoping to see a new Glen clip--and guess who is on this video? Check it out beginning around 1:40:34 with Ralph and Barbara Mandrell followed by clips of, yes, you guessed it right, Shotgun Red and his "best moments", then a live interview!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXdAN9VK6hU [/youtube]

Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

Thank you for posting the pictures of Shotgun Red, Dee!

Phyllis

Dee

Post by Dee »

Here are photos of Phyllis's very own "Shotgun Red" including his autographed hat!
Thanks, Phyllis! :)
Dee
Phyllis's Shotgun Red 1-gfc.jpg
Phyllis's Shotgun Red 1-gfc.jpg (101.55 KiB) Viewed 6543 times
Phyllis's Shotgun Red 2_gcf.jpg
Phyllis's Shotgun Red 2_gcf.jpg (95.08 KiB) Viewed 6543 times

good2me

Post by good2me »

I recently found a YouTube video of Glen Campbell & Stone Temple Pilots doing Witchita Lineman....LOVE IT !

Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

Yes, Dee, I do have a stuffed Shotgun at my house! I'll have to take a picture of him. He's even autographed by someone but I don't remember who. I got him when my parents and I were in Nashville on vacation.

Phyllis

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Phyllis!
You have Shotgun at your house? Shotgun the puppet?
Dee

Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

I love that, Dee! :D Oh, I do have Shotgun at my house!

Phyllis

Randy

Post by Randy »

And another great Breautube video upload "A thing called Love" and nice interview

arlw

Post by arlw »

Armed Forces Radio and Television Service Station Library – Property of the United States Government. This is a promotional 33 RPM record that is country and folk, and contains “12 String Guitar” Folk Blues and Blue Grass-THE FOLKSWINGERS – Glen Campbell playing the 12 String Guitar, Rod Dillard on Guitar, Doug Dillard on the Banjo and Dean Webb playing Bass. There are 12 total tracks on this LP. It has a white promotional label and has on the top “Armed Forces Information and Education-Department of Defense.” This LP was issued and used in the Armed Services for radio play only. This Transcription is the Property of the United States of America. It’s Use or Reproduction for Private or Commercial Purposes is Strictly Prohibited. W-1564/SSL-15436 and W-1563/SSL-15435. RL-13-4. Glen Campbell is on all 12 tracks. Glen Campbell also does “Bull Durham” of which he wrote. Micro –Groove-Play with .001 pickup stylus. This LP is in very good condition and comes in the original brown paper sleeve from the Government. Some of the songs include Cottonfields, Bull Durham, Dark As A Dungeon, This Train, Walk Right In, Black Mountain [/b]Rag, Midnight Special, and more! This record is an instrumental LP. There is no date listed, but on the address from California, there is NO ZIP CODE and [/b]those didn’t come out till 1963. It’s possible this record could have been released earlier than that. Nice selection of songs for the Armed Service People. Thank you for your service!

This record is so rare, that if you ever come across another one, BUY IT..... Hope this shed some light on these Folkswingers material... :D
ar