Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Best of Glen Campbell on YouTube

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: Glen Campbell on YouTube and Other Video Sites

Post by Cowpoke »

Galveston by Lady Antebellum? MacArthur Park? I got tot see this!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

Hi Dee. The thing is his wishes didn't prevail. Bottom line to me is, it was a no brainer for Kim to do exactly as she did. So precious little time for her and Glen's children to make up the band. Regardless of the rhetoric being used in his arguments, I feel confident that if Kim was doing something wrong (and in my opinion she wasn't) a judge would have stepped in. Thanks for the info on that channel. Just watched Galveston on the tribute by Lady Antebellum. :D

Dee

Post by Dee »

Smiling here, too. Randy, this video made my week!

If is still difficult for me to understand even now, almost five years after the Glen Campbell Goodbye Tour ended, why there was a small contingent of fans (HK and a few others) who were extremely inflammatory in their posts on the now defunct Glen Campbell forum (see archives) about Glen's family allowing him to tour for one last time after his Alzheimer's diagnosis. Of course, for every glorious moment Glen had on stage (as seen in this Phoenix video), he had some not-so-glorious moments. Looking back at the tour now, I am so happy for him and grateful to his family that Glen was allowed these last grand moments to perform and enjoy doing what he loved. It was moments like the one seen in the video Randy posted that led to the film, I'll Be Me, which is still being screened after its theatrical premiere in 2014. The tour and the film set the benchmark for hope for people with Alzheimer's disease and their caregivers.

Jimmy Webb, quoted in a recent article, summed up Glen on the Goodbye Tour by simply saying,
"He (Glen) was one of the bravest men I ever knew,” Webb said.
Quote from: http://thereminder.com/dining/features/ ... songwrite/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks again, Randy.

P.S. Also, on the same channel that uploaded the ACM Honors Tribute to Glen Campbell, "Galveston" and "MacArthur Park" videos are available from the same honors show. Super quality, too.
Love watching these three videos: maybe the best tribute to Glen Campbell ever?

Randy

Post by Randy »

And has ev1 smiling in Phoenix too. :D

https://youtu.be/cKYOmfHjpA4?t=38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Wow, great find Randy. Love it. Glen playing a great surprise guitar lick in Dueling Banjos. :D

Randy

Post by Randy »

Cowpoke, I agree, Keith was doing fine job and Toby on Phoenix was excellent too, as they all were.

Ran across this guitar lick Glen throws in on "Dueling Banjos" that brings a smile to ev1 :D

https://youtu.be/4xuq11MHilw?t=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks for posting Randy. I was especially impressed with Keith's guitar playing and the way Toby Keith sang By the Time I Get to Phoenix. Good stuff!

Randy

Post by Randy »

The tribute video is such good video quality and so good wanted to share it again, and have watched it many times. Was just thinking how cool it would have been at the end of "Rhinestone" if Ashley would have done the "And Cowgirlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll" part.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Great clips Dee, Thanks for posting.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Red Hot Chili Peppers doing Galveston during a concert in... you guessed it.