Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Videography

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
arlw

Re: Glen Campbell Videography

Post by arlw »

Cowpoke-I have this in my collection:

Glen Campbell New 2006 Import Only- Best of the Glen Campbell Music Show DVD 989285. During the early to mid '70s, Glen Campbell recorded a series of six TV specials broadcast by the BBC and this DVD compiles the best performances from those shows. Backed by his then regular band and the BBC Concert Orchestra, Campbell performs his greatest hits plus other favorite songs of his choosing. The performances are consummately professional, the backing very tight, and the sound recording excellent. All filmed in gloriously gaudy 1970's color schemes! Features a 17 song show from the mid '70s plus two bonus features: Glen with songwriter Jimmy Webb in 1975 performing a medley of their hits together plus two other tracks and Glen live in 1978 performing six tracks including 'Rhinestone Cowboy' and 'Southern Nights'! This is a Region 0 NTSC DVD Playable on all US and Canadian DVD Players as well as All Code DVD Players too. Brand new and factory sealed! Tracks include:1.Dream Baby 2.By The Time I Get To Phoenix 3.Mary In The Morning 4.Try A Little Kindness 5.Gentle On My Mind 6.Ocean In His Eyes 7.Time In A Bottle 8.The Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife 9.Help Me Make It Through The Night 10.Wichita Lineman 11.Galveston 12.Country Boy 13.Oklahoma Sunday Morning 14.It Must Be A Sin When You Love Somebody 15.The Moon's A Harsh Mistress 16.Ain't No Sunshine 17.Oh Happy Day 18 Bonus Feature 1-Glen Campbell with Jimmy Webb 1975.Medley: By The Time I Get To Phoenix / Wichita Lineman / Galveston / Honey Come Back 19.Didn't We 20.Macarthur Park—About 14 minutes. Bonus Feature 2-Glen Campbell Live in Dublin 1978- 21.Rhinestone Cowboy. 22. Trials and Tribulations 23.Southern Nights 24.Heartache No.3 25.I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry 26.Milk Cow Blues –About 22 minutes.

The DVD Program running time is about 80 minutes. 1972/1975/1978 TKO Licensing ltd. as exclusive agent for the Kruger Organisation Inc. This Programme P & C 2006 RPM Films, under license from TKO Licensing ltd. An RPM Productions. This DVD was manufactured in the EU. This DVD is a 2006 UK release but it is region free for the United States and Canada. RPMDVD2-(5-01329-500259).All tracks are listed inside the DVD booklet and all running times are also listed. Thanks to Jeffrey Kruger and Warren Heal. The Executive Producer is Mark Stratford. The DVD is silver in color with black writing. 2006 release date and imported from the United Kingdom. Great DVD! Interesting information added: The Dublin footage is from 1981, they got the year wrong. It happens quite a bit!

siblis

Post by siblis »

Glen's TV/Video apperances are widley ranged & too much to list, but a good place to start with his IMDB site.

Dee

Post by Dee »

This is a rare-to-find television program in which Glen appeared:

Bob Hope Special "Joys"

It originally aired on NBC on March 5, 1976.

Here's the premise of this special show: In a spoof of the movie, "Jaws", 47 celebrity guests are invited by someone to a party at Bob Hope's house without his knowing it! Worse, these guests appear...and then "disappear"! The guests are mostly comedians and/or well-known names of the times such as Glen Campbell, Don Adams, Desi Arnaz, Milton Berle, Charo, Angie Dickinson, Mike Connors, Phyllis Diller, Don Knotts, Sid Caesar, Les Brown, Dean Martin, Groucho Marx, and more!

This is a link to the program's description in imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164066/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Well regardless of the original intention for this topic I for one would be very interested in a (perhaps even chronological) overview of Glen's television work. That massive part of Glen's body of work is not very well known. Glen has appeared in countless tvshows, specials, series, etc. as host and/or performer.

I often think when i come across something on youtube, that Glen's best performances of a certain song were done, live, on television.

Could you give us more information about this subject, Siblis?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

I don't understand the question? Do you mean promo video's Glen has done over the years or are you referring to TV Specials, Shows, Movies, etc......

admin
Site Admin

Glen Campbell Videography

Post by admin »

Post here about Glen's videography.