Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Forums on YouTube

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: Glen Campbell Forums on YouTube

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Dee,
Glen appeared on the Michael Parkinson show with Billy Connolly and another guest. He was discussing his Ovation guitar and said the same thing about the neck and body shape.It was1981. Glen does a great version of a thing called love and says he wants to record it. Sad to think it took 36 to achieve that goal. Enjoy

Dee

Post by Dee »

No, Mike, I don't remember the Michael Parkinson show with the guitar analogy.
Let's talk!
Dee :)

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Dee, you may remember Glen said the same thing while on the Michael Parkinson show in the UK back in the eighties.
That time it was his Ovation Adamas guitar

Dee

Post by Dee »

New to Glen Campbell Forums on YouTube: a music playlist of 4 songs of Glen's from the "Glen Campbell I'll Be Me" Soundtrack.

Three of these songs were written by Glen Campbell & Julian Raymond.

Please read the descriptions and the disclaimers on these music videos and give the songs a "like" to support the award-winning album on which these songs appear.

For some reason, these tracks have not been officially uploaded to YouTube with Glen's other officially-released songs and albums.

Thank you, fans.

PLAYLIST: https://youtu.be/Wwcinl98QK4?list=PLKmn ... 3I_IIAHbvq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

~Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks. The T.A.M.I. footage was tricky.
Couldn't upload a longer clip or clearer photos without copyright strikes from YT--and rightly so.
I love the first photo in which Glen looks over with concern at James Brown who had just collapsed on stage left near Glen after a most physical performance.
(He soon got up and continued the show.)
Some of the other "wrecking crew" members did not seem impressed with Brown's performance.
Glen knew genius when he saw it that night.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

It's really a great find. Also, thanks for posting that footage of Glen appearing on the TAMI rock concert!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks so much for your "thumbs up" for the Apollo 12 video, Cowpoke. I appreciate it!
It was also new information for Erik the Dane, one of Jimmy Webb's documentarians, which suggests to me that Jimmy may not have been aware that his and Glen's song was played in space.
I don't remember reading that Glen knew about it, but at least some of Glen's family members are now aware of this event in addition to Glen and Jimmy's fans.
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Wow Dee that is a high quality, well researched piece you made there. Thanks for sharing it with US fans. Hats off! :D

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Mike,
All looks good here. If you are continuing to experience YT issues only on the forums, could you please email the admin team at: Admin@GlenCampbellForums.com. Thanks!
This is the direct link to the T.A.M.I. video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Z-mIc2NL3rk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It is actually better to watch it on YouTube with its larger display window.
Enjoy!
Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Guys, I can not see the videos on the posts. There is just a blank space.
Regards,
Mike