Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Mike Joyce

Re: Check Out This Link

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Cowpoke,
I found the Youtube video in which Glen talks about having 8 albums in the top ten country charts
Here's the link.

siblis

Post by siblis »

The Band Perry earns Grammy nod for 'Gentle on My Mind'

http://www.digitaljournal.com/a-and-e/m ... cle/419406" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

That's another very impressive feat Mike. I will try to confirm it!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Sounds like a good album Cowpoke. I will see if I can get it on Amazon.
I love the fact that Galveston pushed it off the top.
Cowpoke, didn't Glen say that he had 8 of the top 10 albums on the country charts at one point in an interview with Ralf Emery I saw a few weeks ago. That sounds like a great feat also.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

New article about the original Wichita Lineman album:

http://www.udiscovermusic.com/glen-camp ... phenomenon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"It stayed at the summit [of the country album charts] for an amazing 20 weeks, became the only one of his albums to be certified double platinum in the US — and when the album’s reign finally came to an end in April 1969, the record that replaced it was…Campbell’s next album, ‘Galveston."

Randy

Post by Randy »

Red Carpet interviews with Kim, Ashley, Cal, Shannon, James Keach, Trevor Albert, The Band Perry, Jane Seymour and others....

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Cowpoke, I forgot to mention that the stage setup was the same. I did notice however this stage format was used by other artists during the same period.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi Cowpoke,
This is a strange one, because I always thought the same. But while going through my stuff the other day I found a DVD in a plastic wallet which stated Glen Campbell show 1973. This was sent to me by a fan a while ago. I had watched it at the time but had forgotten that this was the show from which the clip was taken.
The show was called "An Evening with Glen Campbell". Glen, starts with his opening song as on the Live at New Jersey concert "More/There's a place for us" eventually he walks from the platform to the steps and starts to sing Phoenix.
Near the end of the show he explains that they will be coming back later in the year to do a series of shows. The music show was in 1975 and you can see Glen has slightly longer hair which is not as pristine as the 1973 show.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Really I have zero problems with what she said. I may disagree with what she said about taking him to Arkansas but her heart seems in the right place. I agree one of the best if not the best ever and that's strong!!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Okay, I watched the Tanya Tucker interview. At first I said it was touching to see she still loved Glen. Now I think it's rather sad. It almost seems she is idealizing her time with Glen. Still, as an artist, I think she is one of if not THE best female country singers around. I hope she will release new music soon. Her last album is from 2009!