Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
jay

Glen Campbell Singing "Try a Little Kindness" on Applebee's

Post by jay »

I continue to see this commercial everywhere! Thanks, MikeM for reminding me to post it... I believe it first aired back in '19.

MikeM12

Re: Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

Post by MikeM12 »

Elvis played 2nd fiddle in only one movie I'm aware - Love Me Tender. Although he got top billing, this is clearly a Richard Egan film. I wouldn't call Elvis (or anyone) a star in those junk movies, what a waste of talent. His two concert movies with This Is Elvis & Elvis 2022 are worth seeing.

And regarding Glen, it was great seeing the Applebee's gift card commercial with Try A Little Kindness, playing on Sunday nite football tonite.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

jay wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:47 am
Like Glen, Elvis was cut out for performing. They both had charisma and talent on stage that could not be reproduced on screen. I am glad Glen was chosen for True Grit. What a tremendous movie.
Totally agree. I also liked Glen’s sense of humour about his acting in that movie. That line “Glen Campbell never acted before and his record is still clean.” was funny. Though I think he did a better job than he gave himself credit for.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
jay

Post by jay »

Since Wayne was already such a huge star, True Grit’s producers declined Elvis and went with Campbell.

It's like quoting a job that you really don't want. You ask about double and if they say ok...jackpot.
But...Wayne would have never gone for it. The terms had to be DRT and laughable.

You have to admire Glen. He was on top of the world and trying to balance being on location along with a TV show and killing it in the recording studio...It couldn't have been easy.

Like Glen, Elvis was cut out for performing. They both had charisma and talent on stage that could not be reproduced on screen. I am glad Glen was chosen for True Grit. What a tremendous movie.

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Elvis as La Boeuf almost happened. A tidbit I didn't know that Wayne asked Elvis to play the role but because Tom Parker demanded Elvis have top billing was one of the reasons it didn't happen. Seems something similar when Elvis was approached for Star Is Born with greedy demands from Parker:
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... John-Wayne

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Blake Shelton & his team on The Voice, performing Southern Nights 11/23/22:

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Girl Named Tom (brothers & sister trio) gave an overwhelming performance of Wichita Lineman on The Voice season 21. Kelly Clarkson was their coach and they were the winners of that season:

MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

Girl Named Tom (brothers & sister trio) gave an overwhelming performance of Wichita Lineman on The Voice season 21, as a tribute to their father who passed from cancer. Kelly Clarkson was their coach and they were the winners of that season:

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I wonder if Glen’s guitars are in this book…

https://nashvilletodo.com/wp-content/up ... 68x402.png

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
MikeM12

Post by MikeM12 »

From Brainy Quote website, one can search for quotes of any celebrity/artists. Here's a two page listing of quotes from Glen. Clicking on his name below quote will provide added info of related artists & topics.
https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/gle ... ell-quotes
Last edited by MikeM12 on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.