Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen's Music Peers - What Are They Doing Now?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Randy

Re: Glen's Music Peers - What Are They Doing Now?

Post by Randy »

Last year's interview with Steve Wariner going into Musicians hall of fame and relationship with Chet Atkins, Dottie West, Glen Campbell and others. I started the video where he and Joe Chambers are talking about Steve's Dad, Glen's Uncle Boo, and about doing Galveston on the CMT top 100 country hits ever.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Very interesting article about Bobbie Gentry. Thanks MikeM!

https://classiccountrymusic.com/bobbie- ... oto-shows/

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I think this is the place to congratulate Tanya Tucker with her first ever Grammy wins for Best Country Song (Bring my flowers now) and Best Country album (While I'm livin'). Well deserved in my opinion. Glen's career was revived by his producer Julian Raymond. I am glad Tanya has found her "Julians" too: songwriter Brandi Carlisle and producer Shooter Jennings.

Cowpoke

Re: Glen's Music Peers - What Are They Doing Now? updated 9/15/18

Post by Cowpoke »

Cool. This is totally new to me. I never knew there was a link between Glen and the Doobie Brothers. Thanks Randy!

Randy

Post by Randy »

In total agreement. I'm big fan of Tom Johnston with the Doobies. Agree Michael McDonald is talented but prefer Tom by a huge margin. Although McFee has been with them a long time, yes he certainly wasn't originally with them. Think he took Jeff Skunk Baxter's place when him and Michael Mcdonald got into it idk.

jay

Post by jay »

Randy...
Oh...that guy! I am a huge Doobie fan and never ever would have put the two together, although to be candidly honest, he came on with the Doobies after I soured on them when Johnston left and McDonald changed directions (although I am a fan of McDonald's talents and voice...he ruined the DB, imo). You Listen to "The Captain and Me" and then any album from about 77 on...far from being the same group...although hugely popular.

But...I had wondered at times...who the heck is that dude. Thanks for schooling me. Makes you wonder...how did he end up in Glen's band during that time. My guess is that it has to do with Julian, somehow.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Pretty sure it was wikipedia where I read John had played on this song (maybe others on MGC)then looked up the "Time of my life" video on YT.

So it was definitely that I did not just notice him on the video. I guess I cheated. lol

Randy

Post by Randy »

That is certainly John Mcfee playing guitar standing behind the mandolin and keyboard player.

https://youtu.be/fPpJT3QRRnk?t=82

jay

Post by jay »

Randy...
I think you have thrown me for a loop here...unless you are mistaking McFee for Todd Youth, who sadly passed away last year.

And while we are on the MGC subject, George Doering is a renown musician that showed up to help Glen out during that time.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Probably you tube is responsible as much as anything for people like me becoming a bigger fan than ever of artists. Latest ones I've been watching a lot of lately is the doobie brothers. And never noticed, like Jay surely did , that John Mcfee played guitar on Meet Glen Campbell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPpJT3QRRnk