Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen's Music Peers - What Are They Doing Now?

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen's Music Peers - What Are They Doing Now?

Post by Dee »

What a perfect line Glen gave you, Randy. (Also true!) And it makes for a great story!
Thank you for sharing your fireman story, too. Glen's remembering you as a firefighter showed a tremendous sign of respect for you and for your profession.
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Great stories Randy. Moments to cherish for sure!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

All of Glen's show's were great Dee. No standout, but I do remember the time , after I stood and applauded after almost every song and the most of the rest of the audience didn't, that he turned right to me, and said " Now there's a man with good taste". And one , I shook hands with him and he remembered me from the shirt's I had wore up there in the past that said "firefighter" and he called me fireman and that made me proud that he remembered as I wasn't wearing one that night. Glen Campbell was flat out the best of the best and I'll always cherish those memories!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Brian Wilson_Pet Sounds_Live Nation-gcf.jpg
Brian Wilson_Pet Sounds_Live Nation-gcf.jpg (25.68 KiB) Viewed 9884 times
"I've often played Pet Sounds and cried." - Paul McCartney
"Without Pet Sounds, Sgt. Pepper wouldn't have happened... Pepper was an attempt to equal Pet Sounds." - George Martin
Thirty years ago, Brian Wilson put his soul right on vinyl, and nobody...not even Brian has ever been able to consistently recapture the special moment that was is and always will be Pet Sounds. - David Leaf
Brian Wilson continues to add concert dates to his 50th Anniversary of Pet Sounds Tour.
At least two concerts were added to the already jamming schedule just this week!
For more information, visits: http://www.brianwilson.com/tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BTW, I discovered a cool website with session information identifying the Pet Sounds tracks that Glen Campbell played on as well as other detailed information related to the album.
The information may or may not be completely accurate, according to the site; however, I believe the website is worth a visit if "Pet Sounds" is an album you already dig or one you want to learn more about.
See also the footnotes on the bottom of this page regarding documentation / research / AFM contracts.

http://albumlinernotes.com/Pet_Sounds_Session_List.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

A friend of mine mentioned that he is seeing Johnny Rivers on tour, Randy. Next weekend actually.
Maybe Rivers will be in your area this year?
You are fortunate to have seen Glen Campbell in concert so many times, probably seeing most or all of the arc ("ARK" :)) of his career.
Does any one concert stand out for you?
Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I agree with you on that Randy, B.J. Thomas was a great performer. Did he sing a lot of gospel songs in his shows or am I thinking of someone else.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Two of Glen's musical peers that I have never seen live but wish I would have or hope to in the future is Johnny Rivers and BJ Thomas.

I consider myself lucky and fortunate to have attended as many of Glen's shows as I did.... He performed in Branson for years, then after that was able to catch him in Arkansas three more times I think it was. Probably around a dozen total shows.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes, still writing songs, most recently for a Grammy winning album by Daft Punk, on which he also sang.

Next to that he is president and chairman of ASCAP since 2009.
Williams is currently working with Mexican film director Guillermo del Toro and Argentine composer Gustavo Santaolalla on a stage musical adaptation of del Toro’s acclaimed film Pan’s Labyrinth.
http://www.ascap.com/about/board-intro/ ... s-bio.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Cowpoke.
So what is Paul Williams doing now? Does he still write songs?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

The link between songwriter Paul Willams and Glen Campbell mainly exists in the form of the song "Another Fine Mess". Recently I saw a documentary about Paul Willams...

and yes, Paul sang a few lines of this song, when something went not as planned during a trip. Otherwise I thought the documentary itself was pretty much Another Fine Mess, focusing more on the obsession of the director for Paul Williams than on the main subject himself.