Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Latest News on Glen Campbell's Biopic

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
dee2

Re: Glen Campbell Biopic

Post by dee2 »

WILL THERE BE A "PREQUEL" TO THE FILM GLEN CAMPBELL I'LL BE ME?
A GLEN CAMPBELL BIOPIC?

Find out the latest details in today's post!

Glen Campbell_I'll Be Me Poster_Variation_ Oct 25 2014-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell_I'll Be Me Poster_Variation_ Oct 25 2014-gcf.jpg (92.37 KiB) Viewed 3715 times

dee2

Post by dee2 »

James Keach Photographed at I'll Be Me Film Screening-gcf.jpg
James Keach Photographed at I'll Be Me Film Screening-gcf.jpg (22.33 KiB) Viewed 3716 times

Two years after its first public mention, new news of a possible, not yet officially confirmed Glen Campbell biopic was recently "hinted at" by Kim Campbell. Furthermore, James Keach may be involved in this film project if it comes to fruition, which would be the best possible news! In addition to Mr. Keach's highly commended work on "Glen Campbell I'll Be Me" (not to mention his close friendship with Glen and his family), he co-produced the award-winning Johnny Cash biopic, "I Walk the Line".

All unconfirmed at this point and published online by The Boot.:

Kim apparently shared:
Backstage at the annual Dance Party to End Alz event, a benefit to help fund research and awareness of Alzheimer's disease, on Sunday (June 3), Kim Campbell hinted that a new biopic about the life of her husband of 34 years, Glen Campbell, may be in the works.
Kim Campbell tells The Boot that James Keach, who directed I'll Be Me, may have plans to take on another aspect of her late husband's life in a new biopic: "They're working on it, you can say that," she says excitedly.
"Glen's gonna be tough to cast," she says. "He's got some tough shoes to fill."
:arrow: For more info, check out The Boot's scoop at: http://theboot.com/glen-campbell-biopic/

Thoughts on who could be cast in the role of Glen? A Glen Campbell Forums member had suggested Cal Campbell previously. Shannon could also be a possible candidate based on this photo from the 2000s. :)
GLEN CAMPBELL WITH SHANNON AND CAL CAMPBELL_2000s-GCF.jpg
GLEN CAMPBELL WITH SHANNON AND CAL CAMPBELL_2000s-GCF.jpg (25.29 KiB) Viewed 3716 times

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

This is a wonderful bit of news. I hope they do Glen's life story justice. Who would you like to see play Glen. I am thinking they may use two actors to cover such a long time span. Jon Voight would have been perfect in the sixties. A lot of people thought he was Glen in Midnight Cowboy.

Dee

The Latest News on Glen Campbell's Biopic

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell Movie on the Way, as Legend Remains "Happy" Despite Fading Health
Duke FM
June 1, 2016

You are always in our prayers, Glen.
James Keach will do you proud.
There’s a new movie in the works based on the life of Glen Campbell. The upcoming film will be directed by James Keach, the force behind the documentary I’ll Be Me, which chronicles the Country Music Hall of Famer's struggle with Alzheimer’s. Keach also produced the Academy Award-winning motion picture based on the life of Johnny Cash, Walk the Line.
For more information, visit: http://935duke.com/news/articles/2016/j ... ng-health/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;