Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You - EP Release

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - EP Release

Post by Dee »

Hi, Mike,

I hadn't thought about the competition that YouTube's video of I'm Not Gonna Miss You could present to the EP sales.

I wish we could find out how many times this EP has been downloaded from iTunes. Is this info available? (I am not an iTunes user.)

Also, was there no online retailer in the U.K. that provided this EP to download? If not, this absence could be driving up the YouTube numbers.

Yes, hopefully the YT video will bring attention to the film and help boost a broader distribution of it, not just in the States but in Canada, Europe, possibly Japan where Glen had had a big fan base.

(You are welcome for the instructions for globally changing the posting order on this board. Thank you for your question about it. Cowpoke figured out a way to post this user information in the forums' Announcements because another user also had the same question. It's been great having everyone here to test the new forums. This is the fans' forums, and this is why feedback from you, Randy, and everyone else is important.) :)

Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

That is great news about the single.It's the perfect springboard to create more interest in the film.
Lets hope it pushes up the chart even higher. Being on YT, I wonder if that has a big effect on sales as its freely available to listen too for the casual listener. I guess it helps the advertising of the film anyway.
Thanks for the tips on setting up the views of the forums Dee. That has been very helpful.
Mike

Dee

Post by Dee »

The buzz about Glen's new song, I'm Not Gonna Miss You, makes Facebook's Top 10 Moments of the Week (posted in this article on 17 October about a Facebook post that received over 15,000 likes):

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/entertainme ... -campbell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes Randy, you are Glen's most avid supporter on youtube! BTW, the number of views of I'm not gonna miss you is now nearing the 3 million! And thanks for your support of this forum too!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

:arrow: GO GLEN!

"Country Music Hall of Fame honoree Glen Campbell makes his first appearance on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart in 21 years...."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ongs-chart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

This article's writer first refers to the "video" but his comment is really about the song:

"A poignant video has been released for Glen Campbell’s final song, the deeply true and devastatingly personal account of his battle with Alzheimer’s, “I’m Not Gonna Miss You.” The song is often reminiscent of the 1968 Beatles and 1971 George Harrison with its Ringo Starr-style drums and Harrison-ish slide guitar and overall feel."

Source: http://www.sgvtribune.com/arts-and-ente ... music-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Also check out the Brian Setzer news as well as Loretta Lynn's if you follow these artists.)

Randy

Post by Randy »

That is great news Cowpoke. However myself alone probably did a big portion of the Ghost on the Canvas views. I think it is awesome. And of course the descriptions of I'm not gonna miss you as being sadly beautiful are spot on. Certainly agree with that. It is a beautiful song.

I'm glad to see you guys here and the more I use this forum the better I will like it (for certain).

Best wishes
Randy

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Mike and hi Randy,
I'm so glad you joined this forum! Thanks so much. Looking forward to reading all your posts!

BTW, that I'm Not Gonna Miss You video is really going viral. It's almost 2 million views now. Way better than all the other official music videos that were made for Glen the last 5 - 6 years. Ghost on the Canvas never got more than around 200,000 views for example.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, Mike!
Thank you for your first post here about this beautiful, heartfelt last song.
I'm glad you mentioned Ashley's song on the EP. Yours is the first review (that I have read) that mentions her track. It is very beautiful.
I was very touched, too, by Glen's "Wichita Lineman" on the EP; not only this version of it from the Ryman concert, but also how he acknowledges the great Jimmy Webb. Can you imagine how touched Jimmy must feel that Glen recognized their professional relationship and warm regard for each other on this EP, that will be included on Glen's last album, the sound track from I'll Be Me?
Many thanks for your kind words about the new forums. We really appreciate your feedback!
Dee :)

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

The EP is fantastic and of course the song "I'm not gonna miss you" is heartbreaking especially with the video. Everything is said in the song that is going to happen to Glen so it is very honest. It must have been very hard for Glen to sing this and for Kim and the family to hear it for the first time. On a positive note, I thought Ashley's version of Home again was brilliant. The talent torch has been passed to a new Campbell generation.

BTW. Isn't this new forum just the greatest thing since sliced bread. I would like to offer my heartfelt gratitude to Dee, Cowpoke and everyone else involved in getting this new forum established. I appreciate how much effort has gone into this and the dedication of the folks concerned has and will continue to make many fans like me very grateful for their selfless hard work. Well done to you all. You're the best.