Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell - People Magazine Dec. 18th Issue NEW!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
arlw

Re: Glen Campbell Commemorative Edition (PEOPLE)

Post by arlw »

Boy, when we want something us Glen Fans really go crazy! This dealer on EBay has sold 68 of these People Magazines! His listing says 0 available so I wrote to him to see if there are more or he is out. For those that didn't buy one, might want to check it out before they are Gone, Gone, Gone!!!

arlw

Post by arlw »

So with all the storms--I hope the People in Florida are ok--I too have family members there--a brother and a sister in law!

This dealer that is selling the Magazines is up to 44!!! I got a wonderful email from him. He sees that many folks are taking advantage of Glen Campbell and he doesn't like that. He is giving us the best break he can. He also knows that gasoline prices have gone up since Harvey hit Houston! So, for 10.00, let your fingers do the work and it will arrive at your front door. As long as we buy from him, he will continue to sell them. Otherwise, they return to the regular selling price of 15.00 plus tax...

For the folks in Florida, including mine, be safe!

arlw

Post by arlw »

Thanks Sheila--I grew up in Miami a long time ago, but remember Publix as I went there w/mom and dad---they always came through when others didn't have it! Being in Texas for over 40 years, one would think that the stores here would carry them and they don't! Want to remind others in case they think this will be around forever...They won't be! This is Special People Edition Run and when they are out, there will be no more. The guy where I bought 3 from on EBay, has sold to 39 GLEN CAMPBELL FANS!!! He thanks you all and to let you know that he has 10 more available. God knows where he is getting his supply from, but at this point, it doesn't matter! If you go to the store, it will be 15.00 plus tax. If you buy from him, it's 9.99 plus shipping and more than 1, he will reduce that and NO TAX....Just FYI. Remember, these won't run for months to come--they will be gone.

shelia6673

Post by shelia6673 »

I was able to get my copy at Publix yesterday and it's a Very nice mag. People did do a great job. For those of you out of the US people has an international phone number 1-212-522-5868 if you would like to try that Monday. Their regular customer service # is 1-800-541-9000. Best of luck to you all

arlw

Post by arlw »

Got my Magazines yesterday! Great Tribute to Glen-wonderful articles and pictures! "People" really came through on this one! Even nice articles from Debby! I was @ a few stores today and they didn't have it and some weren't selling it. The posted guy on EBay that I put on here might be your best bet! Also, the price in a store will be $15.00. The EBay Dealer only gets $9.99, so for me getting more than 1, postage was combined!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Official announcement by People Magazine'

http://people.com/country/glen-campbell ... issue/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee I haven't seen it yet over here. I think chances are slim it will be available in The Netherlands, but I will keep an eye on it. It sure looks great.

On Amazon you can see a preview of the first pages.. of the Kindle edition.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1547840560/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
BobHewitt1

Post by BobHewitt1 »

I ordered a copy from Amazon UK and it arrived today. It was a surprise for my wife and she is tearfully delighted with it. There are lots of photos in there that we haven't seen before. Looking forward to reading it but it looks a fitting tribute to a great man and artiste.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you, Phyllis! I am relieved to learn your issue arrived in mint condition and that PEOPLE published a stellar commemmorative for Glen Campbell! I can't wait to see it now!
I had guessed it might be a magazine with all photos and am really glad to learn that the issue has articles, too.

Glen Campbell "Official" shared today that this issue hits newsstands (beginning) Friday, September 8th.
I looked for it tonight at four different stores and did not find it.

I wonder if fans will be able to purchase it (imported) in the U.K. and other countries?
If not, a fan in Denmark purchased this issue from the same ebay seller arlw originally posted about and Phyllis shared here. The seller ships overseas (but perhaps not to all countries).
Worth checking out. http://www.ebay.com/itm/People-Special- ... Swz2tZpx08" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks again, Phyllis!

Dee :D

Phyllis

Post by Phyllis »

I received my magazine today from the eBay seller and I can't believe how great this magazine is! It is certainly in mint condition. This seller is wonderful! As for the magazine itself, PEOPLE did a tremendous job with this!!!!! The pictures brought tears to my eyes! I haven't read the articles yet but I know they will be wonderful as well. This is something I will cherish the rest of my life! Thanks to PEOPLE for this tribute to Glen! I love it!

Phyllis

arlw

Post by arlw »

For all of those that purchased this Magazine from the E-Bay dealer I posted, you are probably receiving an email saying that your order is going out on Tuesday, tomorrow. He emailed me and because I posted it, he wanted to do something nice in return. I thanked him--there are lots good dealers on E-Bay--some really nice and others not so good! We lucked out with this guy!