Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Last Studio Album 'Adios' ~ Now Gold!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

Post by Dee »

Suggested by Dee: :)

An unofficial Glen Campbell Trilogy Caps His Recording Legacy: 'Ghost On The Canvas', 'See You There', and 'Adios'.

The Glen Campbell Trilogy_dz-gcf.jpg
The Glen Campbell Trilogy_dz-gcf.jpg (23.52 KiB) Viewed 6126 times
Thank you, Glen, for your last three remarkable albums, each one very different in concept but linked to each other by the love and dedication you and others invested in these albums.

# # #

Dee

Post by Dee »

Country icon Glen Campbell earns his 16th top 40 album on the Billboard 200 as his final planned LP, Adios, bows at No. 40
Billboard.com
June 23, 2017

Adios_from Billboard.jpg
Adios_from Billboard.jpg (18.33 KiB) Viewed 6125 times
Check it out!
:arrow: http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:arrow: http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... lbum-adios" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell's Wife Kim Discusses His Alzheimer's Battle; Releasing His Final Album
Access Hollywood, June 21, 2017
Published on YouTube, June 22, 2017
Kim Campbell updates Access Hollywood Live's Natalie Morales and guest co-host Alfonso Ribeiro on country legend Glen Campbell's battle with Alzheimer's Disease. Plus, Kim talks about Glen's final album, "Adiós",,,,
[This video is no longer available on YouTube. ~Dee, 6/30/17]

Dee

Post by Dee »

"Everybody's Talkin'" about Glen Campbell's debut at No. 7 on Billboard's Top Country Albums Chart with 'Adios'!
The Wichita Lineman is back "on the line". Thank you, fans!

[Billboard, Week of July 1, 2017 @ http://www.billboard.com/charts/country-albums" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]
Glen Campbell on Goodbye Tour_June 21, 2012-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell on Goodbye Tour_June 21, 2012-gcf.jpg (33.98 KiB) Viewed 6092 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

It's Glen's highest charting album in the UK since Glen Campbell's Twenty Golden Greats hit the number 1 spot in the British Charts in 1976. In fact, it's Glen's first regular studio album to ever hit the UK top 10 album charts!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Exciting news, fans!

'ADIOS' says "HELLO" to the U.K.'s Top 100 Biggest Artist Albums of the Week Chart (16 June 2017 - 22 June 2017) with its debut at No. 3

Thank you to Glen Campbell's strong fan base in the United Kingdom! The Top 100 Album chart is compiled by the Official Charts Company, based on sales of CDs, downloads, vinyl and weighted audio streams.

Glen returns to the charts for the first time since (Cowpoke, could you help us by filling in the year here? :) ) .
Also, once again, Glen charts with a lead over The Beatles (in this case, their special 50th anniversary edition of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band).
I feel as if we are in a time warp. Time has contracted back to the sixties with Glen Campbell and The Beatles both on the music charts.
The beat goes on....

[You may need to click once on the image below to enlarge the viewing window.]

2017-06-17_UK Official Albums Chart Top 100_ADIOS Debut-gcf.png
2017-06-17_UK Official Albums Chart Top 100_ADIOS Debut-gcf.png (127.69 KiB) Viewed 6092 times

Source: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Check out the Candace Rose interview from June 16th, with both Kim and Ashley Campbell. They discuss the song selections for 'Adios' as well as other topics related to Glen's new album.
The interview clip is embedded below and Candace's transcript can be accessed on her website at:

:arrow: http://candieanderson.com/2017/06/glen- ... rview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bonnie, you had inquired about the recording history of the Roger Miller song, "Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me)". In this interview, Kim reveals the remarkable origin of Roger's track on 'Adios':
Glen and Roger were such close friends. I was actually at Roger’s house with Glen back in the early 80s and tape recorded Roger singing this song to us.
Were you able to find out if this Roger Miller song was professionally released by him?

I could not. Sadly, Roger's official website appears not to have an active forum or administrator. Perhaps the Son of Flintstone can help us out?

Dee

Post by Dee »

Cowpoke and Steve,

I thought both of you may be interested in learning that Glen had been playing the Jimmy Webb song, "Adios", for quite some time -- with Jimmy.
According to a blogger or linked blog on chimesfreedom:
“Adiós” is not new for Campbell....Webb has explained that he and Campbell used to play the song all the time in various places, including their homes, hotels, and dressing rooms.
This info supports at least part of your theory, Cowpoke, when you posted: "I imagine Glen continued to sing these songs (referring to the 4 songs on JW's Suspending Disbelief that Glen recorded for Adios) thinking "one day I will release these on an album".

Kim Campbell has also mentioned in several recent interviews, print and video, that all the songs on the album, 'Adios', had been on Glen's bucket list to record.
Glen must have been quite taken with Jimmy's "Disbelief" album.

From: http://www.chimesfreedom.com/tag/jimmy-webb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (May 18, 2017)

Dee

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks so much, Cowpoke. I appreciate your explanation about the promo version, too.
I passed along the Postcard information this morning to the requester.
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

In response to your question about Postcard From Paris, "5 releases, 3 versions, is this correct?" the answer is yes. The promo CD single has the slightly shorter single edit version of #1.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...