Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Last Studio Album 'Adios' ~ Now Gold!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

Post by Dee »

Read all about Glen Campbell's surprising final studio album below!
Listen to the first track on the new album, too!

Cover photo shared from Glen Campbell (Official) on facebook:
Glen Campbell Official on Facebook_Cover Photo_ADIOS Announcement.jpg
Glen Campbell Official on Facebook_Cover Photo_ADIOS Announcement.jpg (120.68 KiB) Viewed 3205 times

Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

Post by Dee »

This image is hot off of arlw's press as well as an editorial review! More information below!
Thank you, Ar!
Glen Campbell_Adios_Final Studio Album-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell_Adios_Final Studio Album-gcf.jpg (54.64 KiB) Viewed 3211 times
Editorial Review
Glen Campbell's final studio album Adiós was recorded at Station West in Nashville following Glen's 'Goodbye Tour.' Produced by Glen's longtime banjo player and friend Carl Jackson, the album features Glen singing four Jimmy Webb songs that Glen never recorded but always loved, including the title track. Adios features songs written by Roger Miller, Bob Dylan, Dickey Lee, Jerry Reed, Fred Neil, and includes a duet with Willie Nelson - 'Funny How Time Slips Away' - and special guest Vince Gill on harmony vocals in 'Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me)'. The album is a true family affair as Glen's daughter Ashley and sons Cal and Shannon, all perform on the record.
This is a PRE-ORDER AND DUE OUT JUNE 9TH!! I LOVE THIS PICTURE!! Most likely will get the CD AND LP!!!
- Ar

Dee

Glen Campbell's Last Studio Album 'Adios' ~ Now Gold!

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell to Say Farewell With Final Album 'Adios'
Studio LP, due June 9th, was recorded after the singer-guitarist's Alzheimer's diagnosis and Goodbye Tour in 2012
Rollingstone.com
April 14, 2017

Singer-guitarist Glen Campbell is saying farewell with a final studio album, the appropriately titled Adiós. In advance of the album, out June 9th, Campbell has shared the track list to Adiós, which includes a cover of the 1969 Harry Nilsson song "Everybody's Talkin'."
The songs that make up Adiós were recorded after Campbell wrapped up that tour in an effort to preserve, as Campbell's wife Kim Campbell writes, "what magic was left." Campbell has not performed or recorded since 2012.
Campbell recorded Adiós at Nashville's Station West with producer and longtime collaborator Carl Jackson. Willie Nelson, Vince Gill and Campbell's own children – Ashley, Shannon and Cal – all make guest appearances on Adiós, which features 12 songs Campbell had long loved but never had the chance to record.
Here's the full track list for Adiós and the official sound recording of Track 1, "Everybody's Talkin'":

1. "Everybody’s Talkin’"
2. "Just Like Always"

3. "Funny (How Time Slips Away)" (feat. Willie Nelson)

4. "Arkansas Farmboy"

5. "Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me)" (intro by Roger Miller)

6. "Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me)" (feat. Vince Gill)

7. "It Won’t Bring Her Back"
8. "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right"
9. "She Thinks I Still Care"
10. "Postcard From Paris"
11. "A Thing Called Love"
12. "Adiós"

:arrow: FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS NEW ALBUM, YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE ROLLING STONE ARTICLE HERE: http://www.rollingstone.com/country/new ... os-w476837" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FROM PEOPLE MAGAZINE:

How Glen Campbell Made His Final Studio Album Adiós: 'The Songs Flowed Straight from His Heart,' Says Singer's Wife
Kim Campbell, shares in the album’s emotional liner notes.

By Melody Chiu
People.com
April 14, 2017
“What you’re hearing … is the beautiful and loving culmination of friends and family doing their very best for the man who inspired, raised and entertained them for decades — giving him the chance to say one last goodbye to his fans.”
:arrow: Read Kim's official press release to People magazine here: http://people.com/country/glen-campbell ... bum-adios/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

~Dee