Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell's Last Studio Album 'Adios' ~ Now Gold!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Glen Campbell's New DVD/CD Releases: Adiós June 9th

Post by Dee »

New! June 5th!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell’s upcoming album, ‘Adiós’, includes a song written by Roger Miller, "Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me)", with a short intro by Roger.
Pictured are Glen and Roger rehearsing at the Governor’s Mansion in Nashville, Tennessee for a television special that aired on March 10, 1974.
~Dee Z.

(Photo Credit: NBC Press Photo in the Collection of Glen Campbell Forums On The Net)
FACEBOOK_GLEN CAMPBELL AND ROGER MILLER.jpg
FACEBOOK_GLEN CAMPBELL AND ROGER MILLER.jpg (114.64 KiB) Viewed 5846 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Glen Campbell: The Rhinestone Cowboy sparkles to the end...
Express (U.K.)
By Clair Woodward
Jun 4, 2017

This is a great article about the selection of songs on ADIOS:
Glen’s wife of almost 35 years, Kim, explains how the album was made. “The songs on Adios were ones I’d heard Glen sing around the house for the last 30 years, and they’re favourites of his that he wished he’d gone into the studio to record – we got there just in the nick of time.”
...Glen and I were visiting Carl (date/year unknown) and discussing the things Glen wanted to do before he left this world, and the songs he wanted to record.

"One of them was Jerry Reed’s version of Bob Dylan’s Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right, the song that Glen always played when he picked up a guitar.

“We made a list of the songs, and as we were sat there, Glen started singing Roger Miller’s Am I All Alone (Or Is It Only Me), and I had a tape recorder on me and recorded it – that’s the version that you can hear on the album.”
You can read the full article here:
:arrow: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... alzheimers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Carl Jackson & Kim Campbell Discuss How Glen Campbell's Final Album 'Adios' Was a 'Labor of Love'
Billboard
by Chuck Dauphin
6/2/2017

glen-campbell2.jpg
glen-campbell2.jpg (16.1 KiB) Viewed 5867 times
If you only read one article or story about Glen's upcoming album, this is the one to read.
Kim Campbell and Carl Jackson share the backstory of the making of ADIOS as well as Carl's long association and special friendship with Glen.

About this new album for fans:
Kim says that she hopes that the fans who have supported Glen -- and their family -- will like what they hear. “I think they will be pleased. I think they will hear the same beautiful phrasing and interpretation that Glen is known for. I think it’s a gift to the fans, and also to future generations. I’m just so pleased that we were able to do it.”
You can read the article here:
:arrow: http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... -interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

'Adiós' is Glen Campbell's 64th studio album and features four songs including "Adiós" written by Jimmy Webb.

Glen and Jimmy are pictured here on the cover of Glen's official March 1975 International Fan Club Newsletter. According to the club's secretary, Rosemary (who would be referred to as an administrator or club president these days), this picture was one of a series of photos shot at Jimmy's house for the cover of Glen's 1974 album, 'Reunion: The Songs of Jimmy Webb'.

The release of 'Adiós' will offer in part another reunion of Glen and Jimmy's music. I won't say "final reunion" because Jimmy may have audio recordings of his own with Glen Campbell. If he does, then perhaps we will be able to hear these recordings one day in the future. Also, he may yet release video footage from a concert he and Glen gave at Feinstein's in New York City.

~Dee

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Fan Club Newsletter Cover with Jimmy Webb and Glen Campbell-gcf.jpg
Fan Club Newsletter Cover with Jimmy Webb and Glen Campbell-gcf.jpg (189.71 KiB) Viewed 5840 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

www.NPR.org - Songs We Love.jpg
www.NPR.org - Songs We Love.jpg (28.59 KiB) Viewed 5837 times
Songs We Love: Glen Campbell, 'Arkansas Farmboy'
www.NPR.org
By Ann Powers
June 2, 2017

NPR music staff and public radio hosts chose Glen Campbell's biographical song, "Arkansas Farmboy", as one of the "Songs We Love".
...the golden voice, Campbell's greatest musical attribute, remains: His singing communicates pathos and grace in equal measure.
You can read the full article with Carl Jackson's thoughts on recording this song and album at:

:arrow: http://www.npr.org/2017/06/02/530934666 ... as-farmboy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Album of the Month (June 2017): Glen Campbell, ‘Adios’
TheBoot.com
By Angela Stefano
June 1, 2017
Image from The Boot c. 2017.jpg
Image from The Boot c. 2017.jpg (14.81 KiB) Viewed 5844 times
The Boot’s readers have named ADIOS "Album of the Month" for June 2017! Thank you, fans!

:arrow: Read More: http://theboot.com/glen-campbell-adios- ... ck=tsmclip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

NEW! Posted on June 2nd by GlenCampbellVevo on YouTube!
"I wouldn't change a thing...." - Glen Campbell

Hi, readers! Check out a new preview of "Arkansas Farmboy" (written by Carl Jackson​), one of Glen's songs on his June 9th release of "ADIOS".

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you, Cowpoke! Nice bonus with remixed tracks.

Right now, I only see ADIOS offered with a bonus CD (2nd disc) of greatest hits in the U.K.
This picture of the CD (perhaps in shrink wrap?) is listed by a U.K. retailer (tracks listed below):

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Glen Campbell_ADIOS_CD_UK-sm-gcf.jpg
Glen Campbell_ADIOS_CD_UK-sm-gcf.jpg (114.23 KiB) Viewed 5885 times
Track list and photo of Glen's 2009 remixed "GREATEST HITS" album
with same song titles on the bonus disc for ADIOS in the U.K.).

1. Rhinestone Cowboy
2. Wichita Lineman
3. Southern Nights
4. By The Time I Get To Phoenix
5. Galveston
6. Try A Little Kindness
7. Gentle On My Mind
8. I Wanna Live
9. Country Boy (You Got Your Feet In L.A.)
10. True Grit
11. Honey Come Back
12. It's Only Make Believe
13. Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife
14. Hey Little One
15. Times Like These (track from "Meet Glen Campbell")
16. These Days (track from "Meet Glen Campbell")
Glen Campbell_Greatest Hits_album cover.jpg
Glen Campbell_Greatest Hits_album cover.jpg (13.25 KiB) Viewed 5885 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Yes Dee you're right! The bonus album is the 2009 greatest hits album going by the tracklist.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...