Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: See You There

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 02:24 am:

These recordings were done as long as 3 years ago. Glen certainly had the ability to perform flawlessly at that time. Not that he didn't stumble occasionally. Why dispute it? Btw I absolutely love See You There. Someone had posted that they didn't know where the title came from. It is obvious to me that Glen and/or Kim were referring to Eternal Life (Heaven), where we will be reunited with our loved ones.

-Becky Holman

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 - 12:17 am:

In all the farewell concerts I saw, and the 100 or so youtube clips, Glen never got the second or third verse right in 'gentle on my mind' .

On 'See you there' it is word perfect. That suggests this was not a casual recording,but one that that was done should the opportunitiy arise. The declaration that they were 'Never' intended to be released, does not wash with me.

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 08:11 pm:

More on the new album...

http://www.charlestonscene.com/article/ ... eviews-gle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; n-campbell-andrea-balestra-rory-block

http://www.beat.com.au/music/glen-campb ... -you-there" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And, before I forget, some information from Billboard.

http://www.billboard.com/artist/302916/ ... hart?f=320" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SYT entered the Billboard 200 album chart at 89, the country album chart at no. 22 and the independent album chart at no. 16.

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 02:57 am:

Very nice review of SYT.

http://www.techetoday.com/view/full_sto ... c-Reviews-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with-Jeff-Vallet?instance=Lifestyle%20Home%20Page

Thanks to The Professor!

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, August 19, 2013 - 11:56 pm:

I don't understand where Glen picked up that phrase of "SEE YOU THERE" either as in all the years I've been collecting, reading, researching, I have never heard him say that catch phrase either. Even in Live Concerts that phrase has never come out by Glen.

But, I am glad he did the CD/LP with a quite unique title. Got to admit, we are all baffled but the music and Glen's voice is awesome. Maybe its just meant for HIS FUTURE as in time we will all SEE YOU THERE. The mystery continues...

-Arlw

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, August 19, 2013 - 03:32 pm:

No, that remains a mystery!

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, August 19, 2013 - 02:35 pm:

The reviews continue to be good,but has any identified how the title' see you there' came about.

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, August 19, 2013 - 03:52 am:

5 star review of "See You There" in The Telegraph

To compare, "Ghost on the Canvas" got 4 stars two years ago

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 03:32 pm:

My guess is that it won't enter quite as high on Billboard, the current sales rank is #4 on Amazon UK and #23 on Amazon US.

-Anders Thelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:16 pm:

Thanks Anders for keeping us up to date. I'm very curious at which position the album will enter the Billboard album 200.

-Cowpoke