Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Re: See You There

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 03:06 am:

This album should have deserved a decent cover. I can't help it but I think the cover screams "low budget compilation". I had reservations about the MGC cover but compared to this it was a masterpiece.
I've seen quite a few recent pictures of Glen that would have fitted well. I'm just afraid that the cover will simply not help sales, but the contrary.

-Anders Thelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 02:10 pm:

On Amazon UK the album is at number 4 and at number 1 on the country chart. I am not sure if the Amazon sales are recorded for the the top 20 charts in this country.It would be great though if it did well.

-Mike Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 01:14 pm:

That is great news-shows our man still has it. Although I have obvious reservations the tracks keep growing on me. Looking forward to the real disc on my home sound system.

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 02:59 am:

See You There is currently #9 on Amazon's best sellers rank. Looks promising for a Billboard entry ....

-Anders Thelin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 05:03 pm:

Another good review. I like the fact that as Stephen mentions, the reviewers are perhaps looking at it without our years of fandum baggage. It was suggested that as reviewers are aware of Glen's condition, they are being a bit kinder to him. However this review seems spot on and also honest with his points about the various tracks.
Not long to wait now.

-Mike Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 12:07 pm:

It is really interesting reading the last review by posted by cowpoke. I appreciate most reviews tend to be kinder in the light of Glen's health,but this review seems genuinly struck by the album. And for all my views so far it remains true,that Glen can still knock out some great tones and notes. I think as a long life fan,I am judging Glen both on what we know he has done and what we know he could have done with better producers.

However some of the reviewers who perhaps don't follow Glen so avidly can see this album from a much clearer perspective.

The gospel song done twice is an interesting concept. There is such a raise in the bar in the second version. I haven't listened close enough to tell if it is the same vocal with a different backing,or if it is a complete re-sing. However it shows a great variation in the final standard,and I can't help wondering,well in fact I am sure, the others can have been done so much better.

-stephen.taylor

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 07:18 am:

Here is another review of See You There:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/08/a ... you-there/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 03:22 pm:

I have a question. I thought Ghost on the Canvas was Glen's last album(cd). Still can't get album out of my mind!!! Now he puts out Here I Am and See You There. I mean, it doesn't matter to me what he puts out, I am gonna buy it. I figure thru the years I have a least bought a swimming pool for him!! But seriously, why do this now and for the condition he is in?? Is it better therapy, or does anybody have an answer for me. I love the early years, but winkie doll........

-Donna Clifton

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 05:57 pm:

Interestingly, looking on youtube. If you type in postcard from Paris, Glen Campbell it comes up with Terry Wogan stating its the first play of his new record. This is dated 26th May 2013.If that is the case why has Surfdog not even mentioned it on their homepage or anyone else for that matter.Given that the radio has been playing it for over 2 months it can hardly be said to have been pushed by the producers. This is very confusing. It is also confusing about the mixes being done. A lovely lady sent me a wonderful version today (Not the version played by Terry Wogan)I thought this was a much better arrangement.I get the feeling I will need to buy 3 copies of all the albums on sale to get all the options available. I don't know whether this is modern marketing or indecision.

-Mike Joyce

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 12:42 pm:

Mike not sure as I tuned in half way through, and no comment at the end. It was the slower version though and not the bonus track on GOTC version. I think most people including journalists are well versed on Glen's issues and realize this is a more reflective bow out album,so I don't think they will judge it as they would have with GOTC. Before Glen announced ALZ, journalists all commented more about Glen's memory slips as if they had just discovered the law of gravity.They wanted to be credited for stating the obvious. I think most journalist fear they would now recieve a degree of public/fan backlash if they printed an overly negative view.I think journalist often consider what they think people might want to hear,for that reason, I suspect most 'critical reviews' are not really that informative. I think with the commercial will and with more Julian on board,they could have made a bigger and better version of this album,but I don't think that was the point-I still see this album as a personnal conversation for lifelong fans rather an attempt to hit the market big time. Of course if sales exceed expectations all the better.

Although Glen can't tour now, his documentary is likely to recieve a great press and put Glen in the spotlight again. For that reason I think there is still an opportunity if it was felt Glen wanted to do another recording,as the documentary could carry the promotion. However At some point Glen has to stop and I think 'see you there' was it.

-stephen.taylor