Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Performs at Jan & Dean Concert

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
dee2

Re: Glen Campbell Performs at Jan & Dean Concert

Post by dee2 »

Congratulations to the winning bidder on the rare Jan & Dean concert handbill.
This handbill sold today for $305.54 (US).

dee2

Glen Campbell Performs at Jan & Dean Concert

Post by dee2 »

I wasn't sure where to post this picture so I just opened up this new topic....

A rare artifact* from 1964 is currently listed for sale on the secondary market: an 8.5" x 14" single-sided handbill for a Jan & Dean concert with a lineup that included "the Fabulous Glenn Campbell" and "MR. DRUMS" Hal Blaine and his Band!

:arrow: Find out how much money Glen was paid for his appearance in the text below!

Jan and Dean Concert_Glen Campbell_Sacramento_Oct 24 1964-gcf.jpg
Jan and Dean Concert_Glen Campbell_Sacramento_Oct 24 1964-gcf.jpg (267.24 KiB) Viewed 2723 times

This concert was recorded for the Jan & Dean album 'Command Performance - Jan & Dean, Live in Person'.

The event's promoter, Fred Veil, provides some cool background information regarding the participation of Glen and Hal:
I had suggested using L.A. studio musicians, as Sacramento did not have a rhythm section the caliber of the L.A. session cats. Here was the lineup: Hal Blaine, drums; Glen Campbell, electric guitar. I paid Glen $200 for the show!! Of course, everyone but Blaine did ‘double duty.’ Glen sang a few songs, Steve Barri and Phil Sloan did their “Fantastic Baggys” show. A Canadian singer, Terry Black, also appeared. It was a great concert. -Fred Vail
(SOURCE: http://jananddean-janberry.com/blog/fre ... jan-berry/)

*Authenticity of actual item is unknown