Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell and Jimmy Webb

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: Glen Campbell and Jimmy Webb

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 02:58 pm:

INFO from Jimmy Webb`s homeside today!

In a answer to guy on J.W.s FORUM side!

A HOPE HERE old or new!

Label Concord "may" release a Glen Campbell / Jimmy Webb CD and DVD combo.

sincerely

erik "the Dane"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 06:20 pm:

I found the article linked below somewhere today, but I may have found it by Google rather than Fan Forum. It's long, prints to about 7 or 8 pages, but it is a delightful interview with Jimmy Webb, with his recollections about the CMA evening with Glen on stage, and the guitar; and touring with Alzheimer's. Also a lot about Jimmy's composing, performing, and growth in his music. It's just a great read. If it's already on the Forum, just scratch it.

http://www.pennyblackmusic.co.uk/MagSit ... px?id=6327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Almeda Edwards

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 01:35 am:

About "Wichita Lineman" AWARD - for most play or so on... given to Glen Campbell 1999!

Was THIS for most play song in "the Century" on the big American Country Radio Station!

What is THE RIGHT STORY???
NOT 100% shure?

This is what I understand (or where can I find MORE INFO):

In September 1999, 3 of Glen C. songs were honoured by ASCAP as the most played country songs of all time on Country radio stations, “Wichita lineman” as number #no. 1., “Galveston” on place #no. 11.

sincerely

erik "the Dane"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 10:33 am:

I am most appreciative to have become part of this Glen Campbell website, to be able to access a collection of these many interesting articles, etc. Jimmy Webb has created a wonderful body of work, and his long relationship with Glen has benefited both. His friendship and respect for Glen is so obviously warm.

-Almeda Edwards

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 09:12 am:

Jimmy Webb never fails to mention Glen in his interviews.

Here's another interesting one:

http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/arti ... bb_20.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2012 - 03:22 am:

Interview with Jimmy Webb in which he confirms that Glen didn't recognize him at first after the CMA Tribute.

http://bostonglobe.com/arts/2012/01/13/ ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:25 am:

Hi all!

The Big National Danish Radio P4, DENMARK, my area, plays the next 5 days, started out this morning with "Phoenix" with Glen Campbell and play rest of the week a Jimmy Webb song.

This is because MY Jimmy Webb concert I had 18th February 2011 up at world famous artmuseum LOUISIANA in Humlebaek, north of Copenhagen.

Air between danish morning time 8:10 to 8:20 I guess - 8:10 a.m. to 8:20 a.m.

In UK they are 1 hour behind!

In US around 8-11 hour behind I guess - so maybe late evening or night you are able to hear.

Tomorrow 10th January will be "Wichita lineman" also with G.C. Wednesday 11th will be "Galveston" with again G.C. Thursday 12th it will be "MacArthur Park", disco vers. with Donna Summer and ends Friday 13th with again G.C. singing "Where`s the playground Susie?".

Danish Radio P4 internet radio hear!
http://www.dr.dk/radio/player/​?KH4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sincerely

erik "the dane"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 01:55 pm:

Very nice interview with Jimmy Webb. He retells the story how he learned about Glen Campbell in a little more detail here and furthermore talks at length about Glen. A must-hear!

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck/20 ... ndcheck%7D+(%24%7BSoundcheck%7D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

-Cowpoke

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2011 - 01:54 am:

Was looking over my big music files, most I have now, is with JIMMY WEBB and related.

Or I will need a bigger apartment - HA!

Count records, radio copy, rare issue, concert issue from radio station, vhs, dvd and so on and can tell

I found 134 different version, where
GLEN CAMPBELL sings J.W.s tunes.

If J.W. songs is in a medley, let`s say 3 J.W. songs sung by G.C., I count this as 3.

Well aware many are the same songs, but sung different.

If I count this never issue so far, and some extra dvd, vhs recordings from tv show and so on, I have in files we reach over 150 all, I guess.

sincerely

erik "the Dane"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 03:45 pm:

Erik - I also love "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" - beautiful piano instrumentals, haunting melody and lyrics.

Stephen - Glad to know there's another JD fan on here. Seeing John Denver in concert at age 17 was a memory I'll hold onto forever. He's one of my all-time favorites, too. One of his older songs I absolutely have always loved is "Rhymes and Reasons." But there are so many favorites, I could go on all day.
Great YT video of John and Glen singing "Don't it Make you Wanna go Home." Give it a look, if you haven't already done. Another favorite of mine.

-Margaret