Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Need a Specific Glen Campbell "True Grit" Picture

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: Need a Specific Glen Campbell "True Grit" Picture

Post by admin »

Looks like the turkey hunting scene...let me look.
Captured a pic and emailed it to you...
gcgf.jpg
gcgf.jpg (345.64 KiB) Viewed 9769 times

CoriSCapnSkip

Post by CoriSCapnSkip »

You're welcome!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for letting us know you found them!

CoriSCapnSkip

Post by CoriSCapnSkip »

Hey, guys, sorry, I was wrong about what picture I saw and where I saw it. After being unable to turn up anywhere a still picture fitting the description, I checked "TCM Remembers 2017" on YouTube and found these. No wonder I thought it was a still as it was not three seconds, it was only two! These are the only images I was able to get, and keep in mind these are screenshots from a brief film clip at YouTube quality. If anyone has something the same or very similar of higher quality, please share, thanks!

CoriSCapnSkip

Post by CoriSCapnSkip »

That's not it, thanks, still looking.

dee2

Post by dee2 »

Hi CoriSCapnSkip,
This is the only still I could find that matches some of your criteria:
This photo was projected in the background on stage for about 3 seconds at the end of a Glen Campbell tribute segment on the ACM Honors show, that aired September 15, 2017. It is similar to the photo used on Glen's compilation album, 'Arkansas', but this one was taken at a different angle and has green and yellow leaves in the background.
I hope you can locate the photo you are searching for!
ACM HONORS_SCREEN SHOT OF STILL_AUG 2017.png
ACM HONORS_SCREEN SHOT OF STILL_AUG 2017.png (429.26 KiB) Viewed 10354 times

CoriSCapnSkip

Post by CoriSCapnSkip »

Update: It was 100% not the NBC Nightly News nor the Academy Awards. I found both on YouTube. NBC had a still picture but not that one and the Oscars did not even include Glen Campbell. That narrows it down to probably some New Year's Eve tribute.

CoriSCapnSkip

Post by CoriSCapnSkip »

Thanks, I saw the picture for three seconds and may have mistaken aspen leaves for similar yellow leaves. ​I know I had time enough to think it was the greatest image of Glen I had seen, and over the decades I had seen a lot, and by the time I had time to think that it was gone. There are also so many channels now and no network to which I am loyal that I was afraid I could not possibly say what program it was on, but it occurs to me it could have been on the Academy Awards, which makes a lot of sense, as I don't watch the entire program but would have walked in for that part. Might contacting the Academy do any good?

jay

Post by jay »

Well, Darn. I was hoping it would be in one of those groups.

I am pretty sure that pic is from the ones taken for the Wichita Lineman album.

Wichita Lineman Cover
Wichita Lineman Cover
5.jpg (12.3 KiB) Viewed 10382 times

Either Glen had one set of pictures clothes in the 60's...lol...or Capitol maximized a photo shoot day with Glen. I am presuming that this studio work was for the Wichita Lineman album and/or his compilation album with Bobbie Gentry, as the shirt and coat can be seen in the studio and with Gentry. In your picture, he is holding an Ovation Deluxe Balladeer, which helps place the timeline of these pictures around mid 68.

Recording session
Recording session
1.jpg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 10382 times
44934672_10156712415746704_4968366941937860608_n.jpg
44934672_10156712415746704_4968366941937860608_n.jpg (36.57 KiB) Viewed 10382 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 10382 times

CoriSCapnSkip

Post by CoriSCapnSkip »

Thanks. That fourth source I did not know about and is nice to learn of, but I had seen all those images on other sites, including Pinterest and the John Wayne Message Board. The one I found which seemed the closest and which I liked the best is this.

My sisters and I were huge fans. We watched his variety show and would shout down anyone else who tried to sing "Gentle on My Mind" with, "That's Glen Campbell's song!" When we were little a family named Campbell moved out of a house on the next block. We got the idea it was Glen's house and he would come home sometime between tapings of his Goodtime Hour variety show, but no matter how much we stood in the driveway, he never did. 😢