Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

50 Year True Grit Celebration in Ridgway Colorado this October!

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
jay

Re: 50 Year True Grit Celebration in Ridgway Colorado this October!

Post by jay »

Randy, really they contacted me through the Forums! My love for Colorado and the San Juans is just a coincidental common thread. They were not looking in Debby's direction at the time (last year) and I suggested that she probably would be the most likely to say yes to an invite. I really did no leg work. just a couple of emails. Sounds like they are going to do a great job as usual. AND...

AND that is right during the time I am cruising around that area for camping, jeeping and some photography. If the weather is good and the trees are still killing it...I should be there.

Randy

Re: 50 Year True Grit Celebration in Ridgway Colorado this October!

Post by Randy »

Wow that's awesome Jay. I'm sure you're stoked to be a part of organizing and with Debby coming to speak and perform will be like icing on the cake. Great job!!!

jay

50 Year True Grit Celebration in Ridgway Colorado this October!

Post by jay »

I have been assisting one of the committee members of Ridgway's "Old West Fest", that will highlight True Grit's 50th Anniversary. I suggested that they seek out Debby and it appears that they have and she has agreed to perform. I have attached their preliminary press release for the event. It will be held on October 11-13, 2019. There are contact #'s at the end of the PR or you can contact me at admin@glencampbellforums.com if you have any questions or suggestions.
Here is the itinerary for the Festival

As well as their webpage

Just one more caveat ... this will be held during the most beautiful time in the San Juans...when the aspens are changing colors. Here is a picture I took during this time of the year at the setting that was used for the Ross Ranch 50 years ago.

Fall at Mattie Ross Ranch Outside Ridgway, Colorado
Fall at Mattie Ross Ranch Outside Ridgway, Colorado
Mattie Ross Ranch Setting.jpg (287.9 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
Original Mattie Ross Movie Setting
Original Mattie Ross Movie Setting
true grit (Custom).jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 3748 times

Thanks,
jay

Oops! I cannot attach a PDF...so I will do it in image form. If you would like for me to send you the release, please let me know!

Press Release for Ridgway Old West Fest True Grit Festival
Press Release for Ridgway Old West Fest True Grit Festival
Ridgway Old West Fest Press Release - Feb 2019-1.jpg (390.19 KiB) Viewed 3749 times