Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - New Photos by MikeM12

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
robduloc

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Post by robduloc »

There's a couple of giants for you, Johnny Cash and Glen Campbell, that is quite an axe, they seem genuinely impressed, how many seats does the giant guitar take up in the audience, did the show have to ask a couple members or guest pf the studio audience to please move in order to fit the guitar into the shot, did they get an autograph or handshake for their trouble, how was the guitar made and how many musicians does it take to play. There are only so many giants. How often do you think the studio was able to use it for a prop. Did it wind up in some back storage lot or someone's garage. It appears to be around the size of a small sports car, that would take up a lot of room. I hope the giant guitar didn't end up on the top a rubbish pile. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a gift from one of the sponsors. One of the sponsor's wives or daughters may have had a "giant crush". Now that's what I call one big promo campaign. Oh, Golly!

Thank you~

Dee

Post by Dee »

One of my favorite JC and GC photos, an ABC television promo (I added the text to a scanned copy of the original black and white pic.)
Glen Campbell_with Johnny Cash_ABC TV Promo_from Dee Z's photo collection.jpg
Glen Campbell_with Johnny Cash_ABC TV Promo_from Dee Z's photo collection.jpg (142.14 KiB) Viewed 18889 times

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

1963 THE 12 STRING STORY Volume 1
1964 THE 12 STRING STORY Volume 2

1963 12 STRING GUITAR! the folkswingers
1963 12 STRING GUITAR! Vol. 2 the folkswingers

1964 FOLK SWINGIN' HARPSICHORD
WITH 12 STRING GUITAR THE SIDEWALK SWINGERS

1965 MR. 12 STRING GUITAR

1966 THE SWINGING 12 STRING GUITAR THE IN GROUP WITH HARPSICHORD
FEATURING GLEN CAMPBELL 12 STRING GUITAR

(Yeah, Right!) $$$$

1969 THE HEAVY GUITARS OF GLEN CAMPBELL JOE MAPHIS MASON WILLIAMS
JIM McGUINN TOMMY TEDESCO

1970 THE NITTY GRITTY GUITAR OF MASON WILLIAMS HOWARD ROBERTS
GLEN CAMPBELL 12 STRING GUITAR BAND BILLY STRANGE

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Yes, most likely, the giant image or drawing of Campbell may be crushing a few stalwart folkies underfoot with his big toe... Or, planting the seed of a bright new tomorrow!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great connection: Paul Bunyan with axe = Glen Campbell with guitar.
How perfect: the sunburst!
Was this album cover a sign of destiny? :)

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Dig the "Heavy Guitars" album cover with the portrait or drawing of Glen Campbell as Paul Bunyan!

A guitar for an axe or sledgehammer~

A sunburst at his back, a prelude for "Goodtimes" to come.

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

US amazon.com has a Letting Go promo 45 Single A & B same side for around 12 dollars, plus 4 dollars S&H.

Yes, I can't wait to hear the instrumental of Cathy's Clown on vinyl with my two big speakers blaring, what do you think happened to the model on the front cover of The Bandits Electric 12, something tells me that she may have married a producer.

From Sunrise to Sunset. Seminal mid sixties Hollywood~

All Shadow and light*

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, Dee!

These are the albums that took over a year to figure out, there are versions with less songs, which I own as well, I only wished that I had a guide like the picture here, where to start, hours of fun and listening pleasure built into them.

The best one is the bottom right corner, The Artistry Of Glen Campbell, the other albums are between 1963-1966.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Rob, thank you for sharing this photo of part of your collection: 12-string guitar albums and more! Yummy!

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Rob's 12 String and More GC Albums Collection.jpg
Rob's 12 String and More GC Albums Collection.jpg (123.61 KiB) Viewed 18548 times

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Tender Mercies owes the credit, Duvall's beard is central to the role!

And for the record, Haggard performed Milk Cow Blues the last two times he was in town.

The first versiion was true to form, or the young Rick Nelson, the second time his band performed a 1930's Country and Western Swing style.

Glen Campbell, Robert Duvall. Haggard, these are the men you want running the show.

I do have one incredible moment to share, in the late 90's Haggard performed at a small nightclub, my wife and I were standing to the side of the bus in the dark, a distant street lamp for our only available light.

From the shadows, Bonnie and what had to be some of the bookers or volunteers arose with a basket of apples in Bonnie's arms.

It was quite a revelation, being traditionalist, it's only natural, they would crave fresh fruit or pickings while on the road.

Bonnie held the basket close to her mid waist, the throng of people could tell that she wanted to get back on the bus without any outside interference, it was truly, the parting of the waters, we all had to give her credit finding a grocery store open after the show, quite a haul, the bodyguards so to speak were more than glad to accompany Bonnie and be at her side, they were all smiling.

Merle stood at the top of the bus steps like he was a train conductor between stops, he was taking it all in, the throng of people, he loved my wife, she looked like she was right out of a 1940 hollywood movie, Merle signed and dated a number of her albums, the one about trains come to mind, he also gave us two 8X10 autograph promo pictures, that we will cherish for always.

These are our people* The apple of our eye. Where the sour turns to sweet..

Tender Mercies!
Last edited by robduloc on Mon May 23, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.