Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - New Photos by MikeM12

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
robduloc

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Post by robduloc »

Okay, it feels like I drank a ton of coffee, scrolling down this here page................................................

Found No More Nights promo single in our University District, the first time that my wife accompanied me to used record store in decades, after visiting with our son who is in his fourth year there.

The good lord must have been watching over us, we've been playing all of Campbell's album the last year, the LP No More Nights has some very special arrangements and delivery.

A nice album to turn down the lights, listen and reflect.

My coffee drink is a Venti Green Tea Latte 8 to 10 Maccha extra whip cream with a spoon.

That'll put hair on your chest~

I don't visit coffeehouses very often, I'm to busy shopping online for music,

Next month I plan to purchase a copy of The Bandits Electric 12 for fairly cheap.

Thank you, everybody, I love you.

Rpb

arlw

Post by arlw »

Glen Campbell - No More Night -Picture Sleeve Included. This is a promotional record and is not for sale. It is a DJ copy. Same song is on both sides. Released in 1985 on Word Inc. #9016341153-DJ. From the Word LP, "No More Night" (7-01-895410-X). Record is in near mint condition--that is a wonderful 45---these are quite rare so it's awesome to have a copy! I do as well--took me a while to locate one, but I did.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Rob this is awesome. Never seen this one before. Magnificent copy! Thans for sharing, Rob and Dee too of course.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

A GIFT FROM ROB! Thank you, thank you!

"No More Night" Single. This is a "For Promotion Only Not For Sale" promo 45 for usage by DJs. It has a picture sleeve that is not the usual envelope type but a fold out poster type of sleeve with Glen's photo from No More Night on it. "No More Night" is on both sides of the record.
On the bottom half is a quote from Glen's pastor Richard Jackson.
I protested that Rob spent too much money to gift this to me; he replied that he had found a good buy for only the price of a good cup of coffee (and he knows how much I love promos!).

[Click on each image once to enlarge viewing window.]
No More Night_Front of Foldout Cover.jpg
No More Night_Front of Foldout Cover.jpg (116.76 KiB) Viewed 11923 times
No More Night_Back cover of foldout.jpg
No More Night_Back cover of foldout.jpg (148.34 KiB) Viewed 11923 times
No More Night_closeup of Pastor Jackson's Text.jpg
No More Night_closeup of Pastor Jackson's Text.jpg (248.6 KiB) Viewed 11923 times
No More Night_Rare Foldout Sleeve.jpg
No More Night_Rare Foldout Sleeve.jpg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 11923 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Wichita Lineman on red heavyweight vinyl -- a Record Store Day 2016 reissue in the U.K.!
I was happy to have found this special single from a seller in Italy.
Glen's Fate of Man is on the B-side.
The picture sleeve is heavyweight cardboard, too, not the usual thin sleeve.
Outstanding honor to Glen Campbell for his 80th birthday!

[Click once on image to enlarge viewing window.]

Dee

Post by Dee »

Love your collection and how you displayed it, M. Giddings! Thanks so much for sharing with Glen Campbell Forums!

Welcome to the forums!

Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

That's great M. Giddings. I am glad you found our forum because we too love to talk about Glen all day! Wichita Lineman... without a doubt one of the best records ever made. The thing about the song that always strikes me... it's difficult to find a cover version by other artists that actually works. Jimmy Webb once remarked that if he had given that song to another singer it would not have surprised him if they would have given it back saying "sorry you got to work on this some more, i can't sing that!" :)
You're right, there is so much to discover about Glen, his discography (as Glen Campbell, as group member and as studio musician) is just endless. That's what also attracted me to him when I became a fan (about 10 years ago, I'm 44 now). And still I haven't figured out everything about him.
Anyway, thanks for your reply and we hope to see you posting here a lot! :)

M.Giddings

Post by M.Giddings »

Well Cowpoke I've always been a Classic Country fan and over the last 5-6 years I've really dug into Country musics roots for the longest time Johnny Cash was my favorite I read everything I could find about him, watched every video, movie & tv show episodes. I never thought anyone could ever top Johnny Cash as my favorite artist of all time but then I heard Wichita Lineman... Which in my opinion is the BEST song of ALL time!! I listen to that song pretty much everyday sometimes 2-3 times a day I just can't get enough of it! The next thing that really sparked my interest towards Glen was that he got diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. I have worked with Alzheimer's patients for 3 years and is something very dear to my heart So I began to listen to more & more songs, do more & more research I mean the list goes on & on I could honestly talk about Glen all day! but to wrap this up I can EASILY say Glen Campbell is by FAR my Favorite artist of all time! His Guitar playing is like no other, He was the 1st to be on the country & pop charts, he was a Beach Boy, part of "The Wrecking Crew", Played for Frank Sinatra... I mean the list goes on and on.. And to answer your other question The Album is "24 Country & Western Greats Vol.6" It has Galveston & Try A Little Kindess on it

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Very cool M. Giddings. How does a guy who's 22 years old get to know about Glen Campbell?

And what's that Western Hits album below on the right if I may be so curious? :)

M.Giddings

Post by M.Giddings »

22 years old and this is my collection so far
22 years old and this is my collection so far
13059467_10153621790761169_1271760610_n.jpg (75.91 KiB) Viewed 12180 times