Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - New Photos by MikeM12

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Mike Joyce

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Post by Mike Joyce »

Cowpoke, It may be M Giddings has the Ember version as well as the Capitol version. I noticed later editions also have the gold certificate printed on the front. I noticed the albums are placed on a bed to display them. It reminded me of the time when I lived at home sleeping on my mattress. (We were very poor). Later, I added two posters to the wall at the side of the matress and one poster at the head and one at the foot of the matress. I suddenly realized I had made a four poster bed. :lol:

Dee

Post by Dee »

Pictured is the logo that Glen's fan club used in the seventies when it was managed out of Hollywood by Paula Richards. The logo is from the 1972 fan club welcome package (also shown below) sent to new members. It included an autographed 8x10 photo of Glen! (Photo credits: ebay seller freshestatefinds 7/6/16)
The Glen Campbell Fan Club Logo-1972.png
The Glen Campbell Fan Club Logo-1972.png (184.24 KiB) Viewed 19837 times
Glen Campbell Fan Club Welcome Package_September 1972-from ebay listing.jpg
Glen Campbell Fan Club Welcome Package_September 1972-from ebay listing.jpg (111.24 KiB) Viewed 19837 times
[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Glen Campbell Fan Club Photo Autographed-gcf-ebay.jpg
Glen Campbell Fan Club Photo Autographed-gcf-ebay.jpg (101.22 KiB) Viewed 19837 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

That's great M. Giddings! Thanks for posting. Do I see 4 Wichita Lineman albums there? :)

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
M.Giddings

Post by M.Giddings »

]My Glen Campbell Album collection (so far)
Attachments
13435304_10153732654931169_1068605104004825098_n.jpg
13435304_10153732654931169_1068605104004825098_n.jpg (33.32 KiB) Viewed 19855 times

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Thank you, Dee!

I need to reinstate, my same side 45 Single Promo God Must Have Blessed America

Written by Steven Curtis Chapman, an incredible person to google and study their history, a force for good, for sure.

Newbury composed An American Trilogy a favorite of Glen's from what I have read. I am sure that both songs are personal favorites.

And I suppose it's alright that I got the two mixed up in an earlier post it just means that I am trying and fans still care, this incredible songbook, life and career, a deeper well~

Thank you, for working with me, all my joys and mistakes lumped into one, and all kinds of Glen Campbell related items mailed and delivered on a regular basis to my doorstep, as a longtime fan you can't beat that and have such a wonderful place to go and share my findings!

Love,
Rob

Dee

Post by Dee »

Congrats Rob on your new purchase of The Bandits Electric 12 for a great price!
Lucky you to have found a clean copy, too.
This is a test: do you know who is pictured on the front cover? Or, rather, who did she have association with?
Have you noticed how difficult it is to find a clean copy of any album with lots of white color on the sleeve?
Also, black album covers seem to show ring wear more so that other colors.
Sounds like you are ready for an exciting summer!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Glen Campbell Hey Little One is one of my faborite albums to listen to right now.

I first bought it in the fall of 4th Grade.

Very melancholy album. A real awakening!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

I;ve been looking at the picture of John and Glen and I believe the shot was staged in front of the first row~

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

arlw has an 8X10 framed photo of the album cover Glen Campbell I Knew Jesus Before He Was A Star.

It is the perfect album. A wide range of songs, soaring melodies, arrangements, blending of instruments, delivery.

Glen Campbell in full form. Highly recommended. A wonderful album to return to time and again.

Neil Hefti help write the title track. As a child growing up in the late sixties, I owned a number of his works, The Odd Couple OST and Barefoot In The Park.

The Odd Couple is a fairly tale, you know... The clean freak the uptight one and messy person relaxed, in real life you see, it would be the exact opposite... Watch out!

robduloc

Post by robduloc »

Dee nailed something on the head here.... the year that the album and album cover artwork for the "Heavy Guitars" was released, as it is, the date appears to be 1969, way after the cuts had been recorded, and so yeah, the label are cashing in on the success of The Glen Cam[bell Goodtime Hour and signature sunburst and well... Glen Campbell haircut!

smile~

I uh, updated my PayPal account, it is alll Ninja stealth warrior here on out.

Purchased a copy of The Bandits Electric 12 for a little over 31 US dollars, perfect... Dee is "indeed" the messenger... I picked up a copy from a seller out of Australia, a very kind and sensitive man, I encourage everybody to look up his store on the Discog's site, kafka 001

And far as memorabilia goes, I was admiring one of mine the other day, a same side promo of God Must Have Blessed America, composed by Mickey Newbury... I'm looking forward to buying and owning the main album, a project assembled by Leonard Bernstein, They Come To America.

How cool is that*