Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - New Photos by MikeM12

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Mike Joyce

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Post by Mike Joyce »

Sorry arlw, my mistake, it would be more like 1975 when you became a fan. You beat me by 2 years.
I meant to say it was great back then in the seventies, Glen was played virtually every day on the radio and the sun was always shining even at night. :D

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Hi arlw,
You say 42 years when you started collecting, I assume that means you became a fan in 1967 or so. Wow, you have seen Glen's star rise from his first hits. Was it Gentle on my mind that hooked you, or something else ?
If you collected news items etc that would have been a big task.
I became a fan in 1977, I was 5 at the time, as Glen once joked. I bought a music for pleasure album called By the time I get to Phoenix. I didn't have a lot of money so I wanted to buy music which I felt I would enjoy listening to several times. I didn't know the songs or Glen at that time but I liked the album cover and bought it for that reason alone. When I heard the title track, the intro and then glen's voice I got goose bumps. After that I spent every penny on Glen's back catalogue
and kept every item of news I found in the papers. Later I started to record Glen's TV appearances on various chat and variety shows. I have every album Glen has released except for those very early releases before Capitol.
The thing is arlw, it's the joy of it all. Glen and Jimmy have given me years of pleasure and even inspired me to write songs and play the guitar. They truly are inspirational entertainers, and long may they continue to fill your life with happiness.
Mike

arlw

Post by arlw »

Thanks Mike--yea only 42 plus years!! When I started, I did it all by hand and went to bookstores/libraries and wrote things down pertaining to Glen and what he recorded/dates/times. Very tedious work but the outcome is remarkable! Thank God for computers and all the great gadgets that are now available! Being that our home is 2 story--Glen has taken over the game room closet as I literally ran out of room downstairs. Yes, I have lots of Glen and Debby and bookshelves for all my collected pieces, but I also am blessed with 4 grandkids and the oldest is in high school! So, if that gives my age away, so be it. But, I have family pictures too so Glen blended right in! I think we all have something to be thankful for-appreciate your kindness.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Brilliant display arlw, I never knew you were such a big fan.LOL

Dee

Post by Dee »

A million thanks to Arlw for sharing a new and rare addition to her WALL OF GLEN at home: a rare Rhinestone Cowboy Japanese Picture Sleeve with OBI! This album now "stands tall on the wall" with other Rhinestone Cowboy-related memorabilia/collectibles! (Love the framed 1994 Limited Edition "Rhinestone Cowboy" ceramic plate designed by Nate Giorgio for The Bradford Exchange! ~Dee)

(You may need to mouse click on each image to enlarge the viewing window -- or scroll down.)
ARLW'S RARE RHINESTONE COWBOY ALBUM_JAPANESE WITH OBI.jpg
ARLW'S RARE RHINESTONE COWBOY ALBUM_JAPANESE WITH OBI.jpg (165.5 KiB) Viewed 21328 times
ARLW'S RARE RHINESTONE COWBOY ALBUM_JAPANESE WITH OBI ON WALL OF GLEN.jpg
ARLW'S RARE RHINESTONE COWBOY ALBUM_JAPANESE WITH OBI ON WALL OF GLEN.jpg (235.08 KiB) Viewed 21328 times

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I second that emotion. It's the only album that is still not available in some digital form...

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

The Japanese imports are normally excellent quality. I picked up "Glen sings America" years ago and I listened to it loads. Heavy duty vinyl as well. Couldn't understand why it was called "Glen sings America" though, as a number of the tracks were very English. Greensleeves etc.
It was in fact a repackaged album from the Artistry of Glen Campbell special limited edition double album, but only contained the vocal tracks. I wish that was re-released on remastered CD

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I forgot to post this one: the japanese Oh Happy Day album!
image007.jpg
image007.jpg (8.22 KiB) Viewed 19340 times
There are quite a few typos on these Japanese import albums. Can you spot them?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Here are some great items that Arlw acquired recently. Included is an acetate promo in red vinyl of the Glen Campbell/Bobbie Gentry album which is very rare. All albums are Japanese imports. What a catch Arlw! Thanks for sharing.
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (65.06 KiB) Viewed 19342 times
image015.jpg
image015.jpg (52.44 KiB) Viewed 19342 times
image016.jpg
image016.jpg (27.75 KiB) Viewed 19342 times
image017.jpg
image017.jpg (85.87 KiB) Viewed 19342 times
image018.jpg
image018.jpg (76.76 KiB) Viewed 19342 times
image020.jpg
image020.jpg (13.38 KiB) Viewed 19342 times

Dee

Post by Dee »

Hi, arlw,
You had asked for ideas for displaying your new red vinyl Wichita Lineman single.
I found this website with lots of good ideas: http://www.framemyrecord.com/index.php#45-records" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, the site's patent-pending archival type mat seems prudent for rare records:
Our COLLECTOR'S MATS do not require the use of glue, tape or clips and will not damage your collectibles like other types of framing methods. Our mats are pH neutral and will provide protection from harmful acidity. Simply place your collectible into a front, die cut pocket and insert the unit into the frame. Your collectible will fit perfectly and will not touch the plexi covering.
Perhaps a local craft store would be able to custom frame your WL?
Have you ever seen a display case that is backlit? Wouldn't this type of case be great to display colored vinyl records?
The only lighted display case that I have found is this one:
http://www.hallofframes.com/shop/lighte ... d_271.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But it is not backlit and may not work well for a record.
In any case all of these options are soooo expensive!
Dee