Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums

Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - New Photos by MikeM12

Fan photos and memorabilia talk. What collectibles are you searching for?
Cowpoke

Re: Fans' Collectibles (Your Memorabilia) - Lots of Photos!

Post by Cowpoke » Fri May 20, 2016 5:27 am

Thanks for sharing that picture of your Glen Campbell "shrine". Come to think of it... I don't have one! To be honest I am not much of an collector... of collectables that is. I collect the music, that's what it's all about for me. But I must say, I do love you to see pictures of the GC collections that you guys have. Hey Dee... what about a picture of your collection? You must have a lot of GC items too!

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

robduloc

Post by robduloc » Thu May 19, 2016 12:36 am

I have a cute little story that I would like to share before bed~

The paperback movie tie-in of Norwood for the centerpiece of my shrine.

I never knew that one existed until Cowpoke and Dee posted a picture of the front cover here.

I jumped at the opportunity to hunt down and locate one for my collection.

What I found is that after the movie was released, School Districts across the country picked up the book as part of their curriculum.

And that there were tons of them early '71 and on where the seller had to point that their copy had a number of passages highlighted in yellow, in addition to a multitude of customer reviews by women who loved Glen Campbell that said as a schoolgirl read and were graded for studying Norwood.

All of these reviews said that it has some of the most clever passages they found in a book.

Ironic, that Glen Campbell would be picked up as the leading subject at hand taking into account his vast experience and humorous spin on matters and world at large.

Some of the accounts must have gotten back to him, that the movie and paperback movie tie-in was causing a quite surge in public schools.

To be dropped by the network and sponsors go your own way, gravitate toward faith music only to find you are helping and inspiring children to improve their grade.

That must have been a big source of comfort.

I do know, since then there is a back room of shelves and books for kids to read and be graded on and True Grit takes up at least two of those shelves in every English department, I'm speaking first hand as lead floor crew and had to clean the carpets at every middle school in our town, pages frayed at the edges from use and children taking them home to read.

I got a clean crisp copy of Norwood as the picture accounts for, only I am thinking I'll lay down a couple dollars for one of the highlighted versions, a true testament of the times, Glen Campbell made a difference in our schools.

To articulate and express joyfully all the feelings and range of experience, that all the Campbell's have shared over the years.

So, here's the clincher.

I am now a head custodian at an Elementary School.

Lucy likes too read during lunch.

Stout, rosy cheeked, 4th Grader with blonde pigtails or braid.

I figured if she likes to read that I ought to encourage her to write more.

I go up to her table and ask if she likes to write.

She puts down her book, looks off into the distance to think, and I swear, this is what she said because I made sure to try and remember it.

"Well, no... but I do like to make outlines of stories and people in case I want to develop them:

A couple weeks later, I went back up to her table and said that is writing!

True story.

smile

Thank you Glen Campbell forums for helping to shape the minds of the next generation, they will throw you for a loop.

Quite Rightly So*

Thank you, and...

Goodnight, sweet dreams, looking forward to returning here tomorrow.

Rob
Can't wait to read some of Cowpoke's new posts... What?

robduloc

Post by robduloc » Wed May 18, 2016 10:06 pm

In the picture of my shrine behind Glen's head for the Live In Concert in South Dakota CD is a paperback of John Hartford's Word Pictures, the top of the binding is barely visible, I will have to stage the book a little higher to showcase the author and title!

robduloc

Post by robduloc » Wed May 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Thank you, Dee,

arlw put a fire under me, thanks to her, I plan to mount and display my Surfdog picture discs!

My son was able to take a photo of my shrine and send it here.

As always, a picture will catch or reveal something you normally don't see, in this case, it was quite a revelation to discover the little flashlight that I use to spotlight Ghost On The Canvas has a black body and red push switch that offset Glen's red tie and black suit.

They are the perfect compliment. It really is something.

And the other part that I noticed and like in the picture is when my son used the flash it bounced off the glossy paper for the I'll Be Me mailer and shimmers across the top of the wood shelving like a beam of light emanating from his head.

That is cool.

Thank you, arlw and Dee*

Love.

Rob Stoneman
Big Time Glen Campbell Fan

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed May 18, 2016 5:27 am

This photo is of Rob's special collection of Glen Campbell memorabilia!
Thank you for sharing, Rob. We are honored to post it!

[Click on image once to enlarge viewing window.]
Rob's Glen Campbell Collection-gcf.jpg
Rob's Glen Campbell Collection-gcf.jpg (363.16 KiB) Viewed 1331 times

robduloc

Post by robduloc » Mon May 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Okay, it feels like I drank a ton of coffee, scrolling down this here page................................................

Found No More Nights promo single in our University District, the first time that my wife accompanied me to used record store in decades, after visiting with our son who is in his fourth year there.

The good lord must have been watching over us, we've been playing all of Campbell's album the last year, the LP No More Nights has some very special arrangements and delivery.

A nice album to turn down the lights, listen and reflect.

My coffee drink is a Venti Green Tea Latte 8 to 10 Maccha extra whip cream with a spoon.

That'll put hair on your chest~

I don't visit coffeehouses very often, I'm to busy shopping online for music,

Next month I plan to purchase a copy of The Bandits Electric 12 for fairly cheap.

Thank you, everybody, I love you.

Rpb

arlw

Post by arlw » Sun May 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Glen Campbell - No More Night -Picture Sleeve Included. This is a promotional record and is not for sale. It is a DJ copy. Same song is on both sides. Released in 1985 on Word Inc. #9016341153-DJ. From the Word LP, "No More Night" (7-01-895410-X). Record is in near mint condition--that is a wonderful 45---these are quite rare so it's awesome to have a copy! I do as well--took me a while to locate one, but I did.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke » Sun May 15, 2016 6:40 am

Rob this is awesome. Never seen this one before. Magnificent copy! Thans for sharing, Rob and Dee too of course.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat May 14, 2016 7:58 pm

A GIFT FROM ROB! Thank you, thank you!

"No More Night" Single. This is a "For Promotion Only Not For Sale" promo 45 for usage by DJs. It has a picture sleeve that is not the usual envelope type but a fold out poster type of sleeve with Glen's photo from No More Night on it. "No More Night" is on both sides of the record.
On the bottom half is a quote from Glen's pastor Richard Jackson.
I protested that Rob spent too much money to gift this to me; he replied that he had found a good buy for only the price of a good cup of coffee (and he knows how much I love promos!).

[Click on each image once to enlarge viewing window.]
No More Night_Front of Foldout Cover.jpg
No More Night_Front of Foldout Cover.jpg (116.76 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
No More Night_Back cover of foldout.jpg
No More Night_Back cover of foldout.jpg (148.34 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
No More Night_closeup of Pastor Jackson's Text.jpg
No More Night_closeup of Pastor Jackson's Text.jpg (248.6 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
No More Night_Rare Foldout Sleeve.jpg
No More Night_Rare Foldout Sleeve.jpg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat May 14, 2016 12:50 pm

Wichita Lineman on red heavyweight vinyl -- a Record Store Day 2016 reissue in the U.K.!
I was happy to have found this special single from a seller in Italy.
Glen's Fate of Man is on the B-side.
The picture sleeve is heavyweight cardboard, too, not the usual thin sleeve.
Outstanding honor to Glen Campbell for his 80th birthday!

[Click once on image to enlarge viewing window.]