Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

When was GC's Wembley Concert?

Off-topic discussions (for registered members only)
Mike Joyce

Re: When was GC's Wembley Concert?

Post by Mike Joyce »

It was interesting that the show at Wembley "The Silk Cut Country Music Festival" which was broadcast as a series called "Sing Country" Glen was given a full programme episode special and a couple of weeks later because of so many requests, the BBC showed an additional clip of Glen, in the programme singing "I love how you love me". Glen also sang a duet with Emmylou Harris in the original broadcast "You are my sunshine" Great show.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thank you so much for this very detailed information and source document, Cowpoke.
I just passed it along to our researcher forum friend.
Dee

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Glen Campbell appeared on the Silk Cut International Festival of Country Music in London's Wembley Arena on April 23, 1984.

Source: http://newspaperarchive.com/de/hesse/da ... 22/page-38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A tv special of Glen's performance aired on BBC television. In 1987 a vinyl album was released for use in radioprograms, called At Wembley.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

When was GC's Wembley Concert?

Post by Dee »

This question is a one-off so I am posting it here....

One of our forum friends is doing research of a professional nature and asked for help with this question:

When did Glen Campbell play The Wembley Country Music Festival in London? 1985? 1986? or ? Does anyone have the exact date (month/day/year)?
This specific concert begins with Glen singing “Gentle On My Mind” and ends with “Amazing Grace”.

Is there any documentation online that supports this date? (newspaper article, etc.)

Thanks!

Dee