Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Country Weekly Article on GC-Dec. 1st

Off-topic discussions (for registered members only)
Dee

Country Weekly Article on GC-Dec. 1st

Post by Dee »

The December 1st issue of COUNTRY WEEKLY magazine has a very good article with excellent photos of Glen Campbell and his family.
Funny, the article's title uses James Keach' catch phrase for Glen: "Rocky with a Guitar".
Most of the information you will have already read if you've been reading the "I'll Be Me" reviews posted on the forums here or elsewhere.
The article starts with a full page color photograph of Glen, likely on the Goodtime Hour stage in 1968, singing and playing an Ovation guitar.
On the last page of the article is a pic of Glen rehearsing for the 2012 Grammy Awards show. It's a photo that I have not seen before.
Ironically, Alan Jackson, is on the front cover. I skimmed the article related to the cover, but didn't see any mention by Alan that Glen Campbell helped him to get into the country music business.
One print error: the article's writer, Bob Paxman, mentions that I'll Be Me includes Goodbye Tour footage from the U.S. and Australia concerts. Of course, the Australian tour did not take place.