Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Willie Nelson: "It’s a Long Story: My Life"

Off-topic discussions (for registered members only)
Dee

Willie Nelson: "It’s a Long Story: My Life"

Post by Dee »

Looking forward to reading Willie Nelson's "Long Story":
At its worst, It’s a Long Story: My Life fails to completely live up to the power of Nelson’s gifted pen, and it is unclear the role that writer David Ritz played in the production of this memoir.

At its best, though, this rambunctious and meandering memoir reveals a warm, humorous man who’s in this business for the music and because he deeply loves his fans. He might have been born a rambling man, but he was also born to be one of America's most gifted songwriters and storytellers. Nelson mesmerizes us with his gift of gab in this autobiography, regaling us with stories of his life – from his childhood and youth in Abbott, TX, to the ups and downs of his marriages, and his deep love for his family, friends, fans, and songwriting.
In the end, Nelson grows reflective about music and life: "Love every style,” he writes. “Love every musical thing … You will become a part of everything. And everything will become part of you."
Read a detailed review by No Depression: http://nodepression.com/column/reading-room" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;