Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Collin Raye speaks out!

Off-topic discussions (for registered members only)
Dee

Re: Collin Raye speaks out!

Post by Dee »

Of course, Mike, I should have thought of that ..."a dump truck song"! LOL
Hot Wheels?
https://youtu.be/5I6EOPl1aBw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

HaHaHa,Yes Dee, or perhaps it was a dump truck song. I'm on a roll tonight. it must be my 16 wheels.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Mike, would you consider your song a pickup song?

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

I agree with that sentiment, however I once wrote a song about a lady called Lorie, who left me for a redneck man in a truck. Such is life. LOL

Dee

Collin Raye speaks out!

Post by Dee »

Ramblin' Rhodes: Collin Raye to perform country hits in acoustic set

Raye includes Glen Campbell songs in his set and talks about today's country music:
Raye: ...“I simply have to offer up this plea to the Nashville country music industry to reclaim the identity and poetic greatness that once was our format. The well-written poetic word of the country song has disappeared. There appears to be not even the slightest attempt to ‘say’ anything other than to repeat the tired, overused mantra of redneck party boy in his truck, partying in said truck, hoping to get lucky in the cab of said truck, and his greatest possible achievement in life is to continue to be physically and emotionally attached to the aforementioned truck as all things in life should and must take place in his, you guessed it … truck.”
He added, “I didn’t mind the first two or 300 versions of these gems, but I think we can all agree by now that everything’s been said about a redneck and his truck that can possibly be said. It is time to move on to the next subject. Any subject, anything at all.”
:)
http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/things-d ... #gsc.tab=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;