Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums

Glen Campbell's Mosrite Celebrity I

A look at the history behind many of the guitars Glen has used throughout his career.
jay

Re: Glen Campbell's Mosrite Celebrity I

Post by jay » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:18 am

The only pictures of Glen Campbell's Mosrite Celebrity were in black and white. I happened to see a picture of Glen playing a Mosrite in Billstown, with his uncle, Boo Campbell. A little closer inspection showed it to be the one he had at HemisFair and in the studio. So now we know what color it was. Here is a framegrab from breautube's video Glen Campbell Talks With Robin Leach & Matt Lauer

09-1986 Fame Fortune Romance Mosrite Celebrity.jpg
09-1986 Fame Fortune Romance Mosrite Celebrity.jpg (46.41 KiB) Viewed 796 times

jay

Glen Campbell's Mosrite Celebrity I

Post by jay » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:36 pm

The black and white 1968 photograph, of Glen with his guitars by his pool, is a testament of how much Glen appreciated the stable of guitars that he owned at that time. A good portion of these guitars were Mosrite's.

In this picture, the fourth guitar from the end (r) is a Mosrite Celebrity I.

In 1964 Semie Mosley (original creator and owner of Mosrite) decided Mosrite should offer a hollow body electric. He took a Framus body and created the Celebrity model. Soon after, he wanted a thicker bout version and created the Celebrity I (one). The Celebrity Glen had was probably produced around 1968. Glen's Californian was basically a Celebrity with a resonator.

Although there may be others...I have only come across one picture of Glen using his Celebrity.
celebrity.jpg
Glen Campbell with his Mosrite Celebrity 3
celebrity.jpg (49.29 KiB) Viewed 1904 times