Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You - EP Release

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - EP Release

Post by Cowpoke »

I'm Not Gonna Miss You has jumped from number 50 to number 21 on the Hot Country Singles charts. It enters Country Streaming Songs at No. 2, with almost all streams from Vevo on YouTube clicks for its official video.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ongs-in-25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hi Anders,
nice to see you back on this new forum! I am not an expert on Billboard charts but regarding your point..

"Sometimes a song with a lower position than another song on the Hot100 can have a higher position on the country chart."

Could that be because of the fact that next to sales, airplay is also taken into account here? I think that if one song has a lot more airplay on country radio stations than the other, it might have a higher position on the country charts, even if the other song sells better for instance.

On another note, these days, next to sales and airplay, streaming is also taken into account. This is how often a song is played on spotify or watched on youtube etc. It seems that I'm Not Gonna Miss You is primarily charting because of the succes of the youtube video. I suspect that it isn't played much on country radio yet, which would be a shame. Hopefully this chart entry wakes up the country radio deejays. Has anyone heard I'm Not Gonna Miss You on the radio yet?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

Last check I made on YT , I'm Not Gonna Miss You had 3,655,237 views. Very, very strong in just a short time

anders9900

Post by anders9900 »

Last song was "I Love My Truck" some 33 years ago. One would have thought that "A Lady Like You" or "Still Within The Sound Of My Voice" would have made it to the Hot100 since they were high on the country chart. I find it hard to understand how these charts work. Sometimes a song with a lower position than another song on the Hot100 can have a higher position on the country chart.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great News !! I'm Not Gonna Miss You enters the Billboard Hot 100 at #90.
Welcome to the new Glen Campbell Forums, anders9900!
Thank you for posting this fantastic news. I'm Not Gonna Miss You's message is definitely touching a lot of music listeners in and outside of the country genre. How fitting for Glen's last song to be a "crossover" song.

Isn't its universal message a sign of a classic song such as Wichita Lineman? Does I'm Not Gonna Miss You have the potential for becoming another Wichita Lineman in terms of its universal message about loss?

I really hope we find out the background of this song from co-writer Julian Raymond: for example, how much did Glen contribute to the songwriting and when did this collaboration take place? Some fans believe it could have been written when Julian and Glen were writing songs for the Ghost on the Canvas album.

One more question: when was the last time a song of Glen's was on the Billboard Hot 100?

Dee

anders9900

Post by anders9900 »

Great News !! I'm Not Gonna Miss You enters the Billboard Hot 100 at #90.

Dee

Post by Dee »

No worries, Randy. This software and all of its perks are new to all of us!

Here's a touching article that I believe many of us can relate to as we listen to Glen's last song:

Terry Dickson: Cruel disease keeps Glen Campbell on our minds
http://jacksonville.com/business/column ... -our-minds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy

Post by Randy »

Ah yeah I agree nice article. It is more than obvious to me that Julian Raymond doesn't want to take credit for anything but what a friend of Glen he became and I really admire him. Again I'm certain he wants no credit but just wonder how it would have went if these two hadn't of hooked up.

Thx for that link Siblis,

Btw, Dee, thx for the auto log in info,,, I feel so dumb for missing that
Randy

Dee

Post by Dee »

(Don't let the title of this blog from The Guardian put you off from reading it; I think it is tremendous. Thanks to Siblis for sharing this link.)

Glen Campbell and the country stars staring death in the face

"Campbell’s I’m Not Gonna Miss You music video has been viewed nearly 2m times in the past week – not because it’s a broadly consumable party jam, and not because Campbell is in his prime, but because the song’s content feels so unflinchingly real that it automatically stands out among all the posturing plaguing modern country."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/o ... tars-death" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Thanks Dee,
Yes the info was very helpful.
The forum seems easy to navigate as well. So a good job on user friendliness.
I changed the colour scheme of the forum on my computer, but when the paint had dried I found I couldn't see the posts, so I had to scrap it off the screen again. At least I now know that option doesn't work.
Mike