Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Check Out This Link - Glen Campbell News on the Web

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: Check Out This Link

Post by Dee »

Thanks for that link, Cowpoke. It is nice to see Debby sharing photos from her personal collection and also memories of her with her Dad.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Debby's facebook page is awesome. All those great pictures were great to view and and so glad she shared them. Some of my favorite times were watching Debby perform with Glen in Branson, Missouri.

Thx for putting up that link Cowpoke

Dee

Post by Dee »

Wow...how great is it that U2 is posting about Glen?
Thank you, Siblis.
Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

http://www.u2.com/news/article/6549" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Debby Campbell has her own public facebook page now, including lots of great pictures of her and her dad.

https://www.facebook.com/lifewithmyfatherglencampbell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
siblis

Post by siblis »

The Edge In Documentary About Glen Campbell

The Edge, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney and many other stars are in a documentary about Glen Campbell's farewell tour called I'll Be Me.

The pop-country legend was diagnosed with advanced Alzheimer's disease in 2011. The film shows live performances from his Goodbye Tour along with moments from his career and battle against the disease.

The Edge shares his admiration for the singer, who continued to perform despite his health problems: "The audience being there somehow triggers his ability to access that other part of his brain, which is incredible."

I'll Be Me, directed by James Keach, won the Grand Jury Prize at the Nashville Festival and will be in theaters on Oct. 24.

The trailer includes footage from The Edge. More information here.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Hey guys,
Glen needs some help in this video shootout! :)

http://theboot.com/holly-williams-brad- ... -shootout/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

A Guidepost classic....
http://www.guideposts.org/inspiration/i ... gods-grace" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, Randy! Glad you enjoyed the Simpsons vid, too! I had been searching for this episode for years, but only found a different episode that has a few notes of WL playing in the background.

I agree...those performances on the 2012 Grammy Awards' segment that honored Glen Campbell were great and also ones for the history books, as they say. (I also really like Band Perry's version of "Gentle" on the new EP.)

Hey, let's keep Cowpoke, the master of "Check Out This Link" on his toes...let's all post the cool links that we find! :lol:

By the way, if you or anyone is wondering what happened to the old forum's topic, Poster to Poster, that topic is now the "Hitching Post" forum on this board.

Dee

Randy

Post by Randy »

That is a funny one Dee of the Simpson's and I was totally floored at how great both the Band Perry's version of Gentle and Blake Shelton's version of Southern Nights were on the Grammy's. And of course as we all remember when the spotlight went on Glen singing Rhinestone he stole that show. What really caught me eye that night was the love and respect they all had for Glen. I've always liked this topic "Check out this Link". There for awhile I was trying to compete with Cowpoke at putting up new stuff but found he is the master of the web-search.

I sincerely Thank You both,
Randy :D