Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour - March 5, 1969

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
admin
Site Admin

Re: Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour - March 5, 1969

Post by admin »

Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour Logo.jpg
Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour Logo.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
Posted by Cowpoke » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:34 am

Check this out, a complete Goodtime Hour (including commercials) with Bobby Goldsboro, Joe South, Joey Bishop and others!

http://www.historicfilms.com/b9bn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Warning: it can take a while to load this video.

# # #

[Text below added by Dee, January 11, 2015, 7:50 pm]

Program licensed by Historic Films.
From their website:
Footage provided by Historic Films is not sold but instead, licensed. This means we provide clients with the necessary rights to use our footage in a particular production only. The licensed material may not be sold, rented or re-used in any production other than that specified in the license agreement. Historic Films must be contacted if additional rights are required.

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

That's a great find Cowpoke. I just watched the link to the good time hour. It was a little frustating to have to keep waiting for it to load but I managed to get through it. It would be great if these shows were made available to watch on line. If there was enough interest I am sure that would probably cause some more to be released on DVD format.
The only thing I would say is that it would have been nicer to hear Glen sing more. I think that was a good thing with the music show Glen did later.I can watch those without wanting to fast forward when watching several times. Still a great piece of history.

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

To see which videos are available online for free, try filter your search results. So, search for "glen campbell". Then you get a list of results. Just above that list is a set of filter options. Select "video viewable online". Then the list only consists of 5 results, one of which is the show we are talking about.

http://www.historicfilms.com/search/?ty ... deo=online" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The people at historicfilms.com are really promoting their Goodtime Hour stock footage it seems. They also posted this on youtube:

NANCY SINATRA on The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjp_-pFkm4Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

Thanks, siblis, I didn't think Glen had recorded Natural to be Gone. I checked YouTube and found a 1968 video of John Hartford singing it with more verses, and, no, definitely don't have this recorded by Glen.
Apparently, both John Hartford and Roger Miller recorded it on their respective albums per the YouTube chat. Will check out both versions.
I will PM you about the Goodtime Hour episode.
Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Dee......I have not looked to see if any of the other episodes are "Locked". I was gonna check that out today. I don't think Glen ever recorded that song "Natural to be gone" that I am aware of.......did you D/L that show Dee ypu your harddrive to keep? I thought it was great quality, considering that it had the timing strip & logo info on the screen. I wonder if any other shows are unlocked.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Outstanding find, Cowpoke! This episode sure brings back some wonderful memories! I feel very fortunate to be able to watch it, thank you!
The quality is really great even when I watched it online using the "enlarge" arrow for "full screen".
After a third watch, I discovered the "Text Log" tab -- to the right of the viewing window. It identifies the segments including the names of the guests and the song titles! (It even describes the commercials.)

siblis, thanks for mentioning that one can register at this site (for free) to download this episode in order to watch it directly on one's computer.

The other episodes are locked, right? You have to pay a licensing fee to view the other shows?

There is so much to talk about regarding this one episode alone! Glen sings a variety of wonderful songs.

Did Glen ever record "Natural to be Gone", the song he closed each Goodtime Hour with?

Wasn't the weekly concert spot brilliant? Was there anything like this spot on television in 1969?
Which son's birth was Glen announcing here?
John Hartford's banjo playing is superb. How did Glen and John Hartford meet?
When Glen says, "too bad John and Paul can't hear this now" about his and John Hartford's performance of "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party", is Glen referring to the two Beatles?
I think so because then they end this segment by singing and playing the chorus of "Hey Jude" with a bluegrass twist!
Glen is already playing Ovations in March of 1969.

Thanks again, Cowpoke!

Dee

siblis

Post by siblis »

Cowpoke....if u open an account on their site you can D/L this to your harddrive & open with VLC player, I just did it.

siblis

Post by siblis »

Cowpoke that is sweet.......now the question, anyone know how to top that to DVD or your Hardrive? Are there any more of them.......I believe they have the entire series!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Check this out, a complete Goodtime Hour (including commercials) with Bobby Goldsboro, Joe South, Joey Bishop and others!

http://www.historicfilms.com/b9bn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Warning: it can take a while to load this video.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...