Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

I'm Not Gonna Miss You

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Cowpoke

Re: I'm Not Gonna Miss You - Oscar Nomination!

Post by Cowpoke »

Tim McGraw is with the same label as Glen, Big Machine Label Group. Maybe that also has something to do with it. I am disappointed the viewers will not hear Glen sing. But, I think Glen liked Tim. In an interview Glen also mentioned that he knew his father.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Randy

Post by Randy »

I am so happy and proud that this song is being sung. I love Tim McGraw and know he will do a superb job and if that's who the family wants, that's who I want. I am so happy to hear this!!!

Dee

Post by Dee »

Not the news we were hoping for...Tim McGraw to Perform Glen Campbell’s "I’m Not Gonna Miss You" on the Oscars

However, and most importantly:
Glen’s family personally asked Tim (McGraw) to perform the song on the Oscars.”I’m honored to be asked to sing this powerful song from one of the true legends of the music industry,” says Tim.
Sources:
http://kticradio.com/abc_music-co/tim-m ... d35205015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/tim-mcg ... s-28573767" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks for your reply Randy. Yes, if a live version is required.... wouldn't it be awesome if the Goodbye Tour band got together for one more time, with TJ Kuenster too and Kiefo and Ry?

Randy

Post by Randy »

No ,,Cowpoke you are not the only one,,, I feel like that too, but if they do it live,,, I choose Shannon. And , I wholeheartedly 100% agree with Mike and Dee about Ashley and Cal up there too singing.

What you have said,, I have thought about myself Cowpoke, my first choice and second choice is a tie and I would be happy with either one. If it weren't Ashley, Cal, Shannon,,, the decision for me would be a landslide.... Video

I'm good either way and hope like heck it happens.....

And lastly if I had to trust someone for advice on what to do,,,

Julian Raymond

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

I don't know. Am I the only one who just wants to see the video of Glen singing the song? If 100s of million people around the globe are going to hear this song, I would want them to hear Glen's voice singing it.
The idea that the whole world stops still for 3 minutes to hear the heartbreak in Glen's voice, seems important to me.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Well, Randy, maybe Shannon's music video of "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" posted on YouTube was his audition video for the Academy!

In my opinion.....Really, when I think more about it, who else could / should / deserves more to perform this song at the Academy Awards than Ashley, Cal, and Shannon who supported Glen on his Goodbye Tour and promoted and continue to promote their Dad's documentary and his desire to bring public attention to finding a cure for Alzheimer's? I can't think of one other person working in the music business who deserves the right to perform I'm Not Gonna Miss You on behalf of Glen. Furthermore, all three children are on Glen's last EP (Ashley performing "Home Again"; all three are on the recorded live performances at the Ryman Auditorium) and the upcoming documentary soundtrack.

And we can't forget the song that Ashley wrote for her Dad and performed with Shannon, a song that was written like a promise:

"Remembering" (excerpt)

"You're standing right in front of me, slipping away
Bone for bone we are the same
Bones get tired and they can’t carry all the weight
We can talk until you can’t even remember my name
Daddy don’t you worry, I’ll do the remembering
Daddy don’t you worry, I’ll do the remembering"

--Ashley Campbell, songwriter

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

Well said Randy, I really would love to see Shannon do the song. Being backed up with Ashley and Cal would be the cream on the cake. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Ok, That is the first great news, just to hear that is awesome. Thx Dee, that is great . Just guessing , Shannon was told to be ready, just in case, and ready in my opinion he is. Of course, I'm just speculating, but also hoping.

Because of the great lyrics and music in that song and what it means, in my opinion, their has never been a more deserving song out their for a grammy.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Adam Levine Will Perform at Academy Awards Show
Jan 27, 2015
The Academy is expected to honor Glen Campbell in some capacity.
(No mention of who will sing "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" on the Academy Awards broadcast yet.--Dee)

From: http://fdrmx.com/adam-levine-will-perfo ... ards-show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;