Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Dee

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film & CD Set

Post by Dee »

The Wrecking Crew_Original Logo_GCF.png
The Wrecking Crew_Original Logo_GCF.png (121.09 KiB) Viewed 6439 times
The Wrecking Crew 4-CD Set_GCF.jpg
The Wrecking Crew 4-CD Set_GCF.jpg (73.44 KiB) Viewed 6439 times
Update from Denny Tedesco:

After months of licensing, the compilation soundtrack is now available!

"This Soundtrack compilation illustrates part of the story of "The Wrecking Crew". I started my journey telling the story of these legendary session musicians in 1996, but never imagined it would take nearly 20 years to complete the film and bring it to a wide audience.

Over those years in the Q&A's one of the most consistent questions that would be asked, is there a Soundtrack available. For many years, it was in question. I am so excited to present this soundtrack, the likes of which has never been heard before. It's the first time this grouping of songs has ever been put together. Each song was chosen because of a connection to the Wrecking Crew session musicians. The credits of the musicians listed were compiled from the contracts provided by the American Federation of Musicians. Three CDs are filled with hits and interviews about the songs and the 4th CD is called, The Crew Cuts. Songs that the musicians recorded under their own names. Recordings from Hal Blaine, Don Randi, Plas Johnson, Tommy Tedesco, Emil Richards, Barney Kessel, Al DeLory, Mike Deasy, Micel Rubini, Lyle Ritz, Chuck Berghofer, Frank Capp, Dennis Budimir, Al Casey and Billy Strange. Some recordings never heard until now."

In Theaters Now...
Opening:
9/25/15 Tunkhannock, PA: Dietrich Theatre
9/30/15 Loveland, CO: Rialto Theater
10/1/15 Melbourne, Australia: (theatre location tbd)
10/15/15 Benton AR: Benton Event Center
11/7/15 Edom, TX: The Old Firehouse
11/9/15 Batavia, IL: Randall 16
11/9/15 Oswego, IL: Kendall 10
11/9/15 Peoria, IL: Willow Knolls 14
11/9/15 Savoy, IL: Savoy 16
11/9/15 Brownsburg, IN: Pavilion Cinemas 8
11/9/15 Lafayette, IN: Eastside 10
11/9/15 Noblesville, IN: Hamilton 16 IMAX
11/9/15 Portage, IN: Portage 16
11/9/15 W. Lafayette, IN: Wabash Landing
11/9/15 Ann Arbor, MI: Quality 16
11/9/15 Bay City, MI: Bay City 8
11/9/15 Canton Township, MI: Canton Cinema 7
11/9/15 Grand Haven, MI: Grand Haven 9
11/9/15 Holland, MI: Holland 7
11/9/15 Jackson, MI: Jackson 10
11/9/15 Kalamazoo, MI: Kalamazoo 10
11/9/15 Saginaw, MI: Quality 10
11/9/15 Columbia, MO: Forum 8
11/9/15 Jefferson City, MO: Capital 8
12/8/15 Annapolis Royal, NS: TIFF Film Circuit

# # #

Cowpoke

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film

Post by Cowpoke »

I already got mine from amazon.co.uk. The movie is a must-see for every Glen Campbell fan. Glen can been seen and heard many times during the movie, including some rare archival pictures of Glen in the studio. And there is 4 hours of bonus material which also includes several interview clips with Glen. What a beautiful tribute to Glen and all those musicians.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Wrecking-Cr ... B00XTLT3K0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
Dee

Post by Dee »

The Wrecking Crew Blu-ray Review
...you have a film you will want to watch again and crank up the volume!
One of the best reviews yet of "The Wrecking Crew", the documentary film, as well as a review of the Blu-ray format and all the EXTRAS that come with this release:

http://flix66.com/the-wrecking-crew-blu-ray-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Re: The Wrecking Crew - Documentary Film - NEW INFO!

Post by Dee »

Audio CD (Release Date: August 21, 2015)
Number of Discs: 4
Label: Rockbeat Records

Coming soon! More info to follow!
The Wrecking Crew_CD Set.jpg
The Wrecking Crew_CD Set.jpg (33.64 KiB) Viewed 6045 times

Randy

Post by Randy »

A friend was telling me tonite he watched the Wrecking Crew doc on AXS-tv. Sadly I can't find it on comcast. But others of you may have it.

Here's a link about it....

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... ntary-in-j" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a way to search and see if you have it.....

http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dee

Post by Dee »

You are welcome, Mike. (Many thanks to Erik the Dane for sharing this hot news.)
Denny Tedesco captured priceless interviews with Glen Campbell during the 2000s (and maybe earlier--tbd).
Some of these interviews appear in the documentary; at least one other interview is included in the bonus DVD.
I look forward to reading your comments after you see the doc, Mike.
As usual, I am always behind the eight ball, as we say here in the States, and I haven't watched the double DVD set yet. :(
Dee

Mike Joyce

Post by Mike Joyce »

That's great news Dee, I will get mine ordered tonight.

Dee

Post by Dee »

Great news for fans who live in the U.K.:
"The Wrecking Crew" DVD is now available to order from amazon dot com / UK (and likely other UK retailers).

Dee

Post by Dee »

You are welcome, Elusive Butterfly! I hope you are able to track down a copy of The Wrecking Crew (2-DVD set).

Here is great news about the documentary's television debut; unfortunately, only in the U.S. (perhaps Canada, too?).

AXS TV Acquires The Exclusive Rights To Magnolia Pictures' 'THE WRECKING CREW,' Premiering The Celebrated Documentary On Sat., July 18, At 9 p.m. ET
AXS TV has acquired the exclusive television rights to Magnolia Pictures' critically acclaimed music documentary THE WRECKING CREW. The film will premiere on Saturday, July 18, at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT—long before it is available on any other linear or streaming services—and will re-air at multiple times until Sunday, July 26.
AXS TV is proud to bring this important documentary to television for the first time ever," said Jeff Cuban, AXS TV's general manager and executive vice president. "THE WRECKING CREW celebrates a legendary era in music and the unheralded band that helped set the tone for the timeless songs we know and enjoy today. This is a can't-miss event for anyone with a passion for music.
And it gets even better (fun, fun, fun!) with two other special broadcasts of a Beach Boys' documentary and a Beach Boys' concert:
As an honor to The Wrecking Crew's work and legacy, AXS TV is featuring an encore broadcast of the acclaimed "The Beach Boys 50 - Doin' It Again" documentary at 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT on July 18, and presenting "The Beach Boys 50 Live in Concert" immediately following the premiere. "The Wrecking Crew" was the backing band on several of The Beach Boys hits.
THE WRECKING CREW will be broadcasted on AXS TV on the following dates and times:

•Saturday, July 18 at 9 p.m. ET
•Sunday, July 19 at 10 p.m. ET
•Monday, July 20 at 10 p.m. ET
•Saturday, July 25 at 9 p.m. ET
•Sunday, July 26 at 10 pm. ET

For more information, visit:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 06967.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elusive Butterfly

Post by Elusive Butterfly »

Thanks Dee, for the outtake with Glen from the Wrecking Crew dvd. I love it. And I'm so much going to get my hands on one copy. Seems things are a lot easier, if one were from the UK, or Ireland maybe, he he. I see it's being released all over England.......but of course not in tiny Denmark. Thank God for mail order. Great read from Denny Tedesco. Thank you much Dee.