Welcome to Glen Campbell Forums
Glen's time in Lindrith New Mexico (1951-1952)

Rare Glen Campbell Recordings - Updated

REMEMBERING GLEN CAMPBELL - GLEN CAMPBELL WITH CARS - GLEN CAMPBELL MUSEUM
Elusive Butterfly

Re: Rare Glen Campbell Recordings - Updated

Post by Elusive Butterfly »

Thanks Dee, for posting this great song "It Takes Love". It truly does. And Glen should know. He always picked the right songs with most meaningful lyrics. This is such an easy-going tune with a nice steady rythm. I really like it. Thanks again for posting these lovely rarities.

Randy

Re: Rare Glen Campbell Recording

Post by Randy »

This one easily meets the criteria for rare.....

Dee

Post by Dee »

Cowpoke, I think Letter To Home is a very good possibility; it was recorded in Nashville which syncs with Mr. Crocker's story.
I was thinking, too, that this song might have been considered by Glen Campbell for his 1985 album, No More Night, recorded in Nashville?

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Arlw. Yes it was just a demo indeed. Still Glen must have liked the song and considered recording it for an album. I was just wondering if it was recorded around the time of Letter to Home or maybe a little bit later?

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...
arlw

Post by arlw »

Cowpoke,

This song/record was never released—it is a demo recording on a cassette format only. Was recorded in the 80's period. Maybe because of the missing middle section and they never actually wrote one! Also, I think they might have run out time to put it on anything record wise as Glen was either working on an album or had just completed one....I don't think we will ever know-love the song-I too think it would have done well!

Cowpoke

Post by Cowpoke »

Thanks Dee. I wonder when this was recorded and for which album it was intended.

I'm a carefree, range ridin', driftin' cowpoke...